My first semiauto...

STS3_SSN705

I know, it shoots TINY holes, but it promises to be good fun for my son and I. Anyone here have experience with this model? Is there any particular brand of ammo that it prefers or dislikes? I'm looking forward to some relief from the ammo prices I have been paying to feed my 686 habits (400rds/week). They had a Buckmark that I did like a little more, but it was over my budget at $399. I got this one NIB for $259. It'll become my son's when he is ready. He's stoked.

NEOSNIB_2.jpg

kristop64089

They are pretty nice guns. Accurate too. I don't own one but, have shot extensively. We fed it jacketed winchester.(thats all I use in my .22 semi auto's, seems to be less cleaning)

Main thing that caught my eye was your sig. I'm STG3 FFG34(decomed)

blume357

I suspect you might have to find the brand and type of ammo it likes

and then this might change over time.... one of the potential problems with any 22lr simi-auto, especially pistols. But then, it's fun to find just that right type in a way.... since 22's are so cheap... I'd stick with 50 and hundred round boxes at first.

STS3_SSN705

Great... So the 525 rd pack of Remington I just bought might be a paperweight. Oh well, at 15 bucks it could have been worse.

kristop:

STG3 eh? You do know what we called FFG's right?

Targets :D

Just messin.

Seriously, thank you for your service.

Mark54g

That was the same gun I bought as a first gun. It is great. Do yourself a favor and be careful with that rear sight. They can get dinged up. Replacements are relatively cheap. Also, they like being well lubricated. They shouldn't drip, but running them dry has not been successful with me.

Mine likes PMC Zappers (if you can find them anymore).

MPanova

Hey I got one of those! :D

Great little uh well maybe its kind of big but anyway great pistol for the money. My wife got me one for Christmas a few years back. I think she paid $199.00 NIB at Academy. I could not be happier with a $200 plinker. Mine shoots any of that cheap bulk pack ammo from wally world. It has fully adjustable sights so you can have fun dialing it in at different distances all day long and drawing pictures in the target. Sometimes I like to take it with me to the indoor range and set the target out about 10 yards and draw smiley faces and write my name in the target :D Enjoy your new pistol with your son. At the end of the day its all about spending quality time together anyway right ;)

JDG

A buddy of mine has one, great shooter. Watch the rear sight, his was loose, and was shooting all over the place:)