My first revolver

Ridge_Runner_5

I've always been a semi auto man, but have been craving a revolver for a couple years now. I was telling my uncle about it a few months ago, and he tossed me a revolver he owned.

I looked it up, and it's a pretty cheap gun, the importer went bankrupt after the feds banned Saturday Night Specials. Blue book on this gun in 100% condition is $75, but man is it a blast.

It's a .22lr F.I.E. Buffalo Scout single action revolver. It's a hoot. It shoots like a cap gun, too. No recoil, just the pop of the round and a bit of smoke. It's been a few years since I've had anything in .22lr. I sold my Henry after the stuff turned into a myth following Sandy Hook, but managed to grab a few hundred rounds lately, so hopefully this guy will become a regular range gun.

Just wanted to share.

qGRmgy2h.jpg

mxsailor803

I'll never forget my first .22 revolver, mainly because I still have it. Heritage Rough Rider. I'd hate to know how many rounds I've shot out of that thing.

bedbugbilly

Nice! It's not about what something is worth . . it's about the enjoyment! I've pretty much given up on shooting 22s due to the problems in getting them especially shen I can cast my own and reload 38s a heck of a lot cheaper!

One nice aspect of that revolver - any 22 revolver - you can shoot what you can find in it - shorts, longs or long rifles. Not limited like a 22 semi-auto.

Enjoy and have fun! Just remember . . . revolvers are like any other handguns . . . you just can't stop at one! :D :eek: :)

AKexpat

Probably off topic, but since we're on the subject of .22 revolvers, I was trained to shoot a .22 revolver with a Nickel High-Standard Sentinel with a short (2"-3") barrel. It was my Grandfather's pistol. We had a 48" high wet bar at one end of the basement and shot through a doorway into a welded 1/4" plate steel homemade bullet trap at the other end. As a 10-year-old kid I was astonished at how loud it was compared to my Remington 10A single shot rifle!

As an aside, it was probably illegal to shoot indoors at that time (1960's Detroit) but no neighbors complained.

Ah, for the good old days...