My first pump: Mossberg 500 Talo Watchdog 2

bald1

At 63 I finally took the plunge. :D:D:D I've had a nice '57 Belgium Browning Superpose for quite some time but it isn't a tool for HD or similar social engagements.

superposed.jpg

So this Mossberg Talo 500 Watchdog 2 followed me home yesterday. A vintage no longer used 380 was sacrificed in trade :D

MossyWatchdog.jpg

Last edited:

bald1

I was ambivalent about that strap at first but I've warmed to it quite a bit now when racking the action. Never saw one before but when searching Mossberg 500 stuff found quite a few pictures of various shotguns with straps like that. In lieu of a tactical sling, I see it as something of an "anti-grab" device which would make it more difficult for someone to try to snatch the scattergun away.

bald1

Did some more digging and found this explanation for the forend strap:

"With this forearm strap you can securely cycle your weapon as fast as you can, without worrying about your hand slipping off."

bald1

Sportsman 12,

The shotgun came with a dual mount which clamps to the magazine tube. It holds both the Tac light and the laser. They included both the push button on/off caps as well as coiled wire pressure switches for both. Obviously I went with the button switches :) It's no super high end set up by any stretch but it is very doable for a HD setup, which by most definitions is not a high use piece at all.. And yes it should fit any Mossberg/Maverick shotgun.

Last edited: