My first gunshow...

FSCJedi

Ok all, I just went to my first gun show, and boy was it fun! I actually even came back will a little piece of it. Haha. That is actually what I am posting for. I would like your all's opinions on whether or not I got a good deal. Here is what I got: Mossberg Maverick M88 12 gage with 18.5" barrel and black synthetic pistol grip (already installed) and long stock... all for $175. So what do you think? Did I get my money's worth? Also, anything you all can tell me about this model shotgun would be great. Things like quirks it might have, various accessories I might want to look into, and the such. I haven't heard a whole lot about the Maverick series, but I know Mossberg is a good brand. Thanks in advance for your help.

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Welcome to TFL!

Prices on guns are very regional. Here in SC anything with Browning on it increases the price. I have a friend who made good profits by buying A5s in Colorado and reselling them here. Simply a matter of demand and supply.

The Mossbergs are all solid shotguns. I would start with some of the cheap loads from Wal-Mart to get used to the gun. Also get a long screwdriver - you'll want to put the long stock on the gun after you find that while pistol grips look cool, they are very difficult to use effectively.

The price looks about right on for here - good deal for both parties.

The search button in the upper right corner of the screen will let you read the vast store of threads dealing with Mossbergs.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Decent deal, good shotgun. Go for three points as you shoot that PG into the wastebasket. After putting on the long stock go shoot it.

As for accessories, the most crucial accessory is lots of ammo,buy,use,repeat.....