My first gun show find

fire4606

Been buying at gun shows for decades, but just usual stuff, in my area the gunshows usually have the best deals if you do a little looking.

Been looking for a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm for over a year, and they've been pretty rare, can find them in 45 or 38 super quite often but have only found them in 9 once and at a jacked up premium price.

Saw one sitting on a table at the show tonight and went in for a closer look assuming it would probably be in 45 and to my surprise when I flipped the tag it said 9mm. To my bigger surprise it was used, looked mint and another great surprise, 25% cheaper than any price I've ever seen them listed at (1100) with an extra magazine to boot, so well, it had to come home.

image.jpg

Sevens

Good find and it -is- a great feeling, isn't it?

What has worked for me lately is always having a decent pile of cash that you most likely know you won't spend and be ready to pounce when the right gun at the right price appears.

hAkron

Check it for an upside down letter Y stamped near the serial number. If it does have one, it is a factory blemished unit. there is typically nothing descernably wrong with the blemished units, but that might explain the great price. Enjoy your Dan Wesson! They make excellent stuff.

Tucker 1371

I've been wanting a DW 1911 for dang near forever. And for 1100? You practically stole that thing! Congrats! Let's us know how it shoots!

fire4606

No upside down Y, it's not a blem, it was used however though I could not find any indication it had ever been fired.

fire4606

Been hitting the gunshows for decades, this one was actually a poor showing compared to its normal amount of vendors, BUT.... Worked out as a pretty good show for me...

Shoots great, very tight ten shot groups but hits hi, why they knowingly put the wrong front sights on these things is beyond me...:confused: