my first forty-five???

Smith66

Well everybody, I have been bitten by the "I WANT THAT!!" bug again.......it seems while I was busy talking myself into buying a G19, Ruger was at work making the pistol that strutted by and stole my immagination!
In my little opinon, the P345 is the best looking handgun Ruger has ever made. It feels great in my hand (even better than a 3913) and shoots well to boot. I really can't see a drawback from where I stand. A "friend of a friend" let me shoot 8 or 10 rounds through his last week, and I want more. So I have handled one and put a couple rounds through it already, but before I go spending tomorow's paycheck on a new one, I would like to ask if any of you out there have come across those new pistol bugs with the 345 yet, and if so, what are they? I'm pretty sure this is the pistol to welcome me into the world of 45 caliber pistols, but I'd like to hear if you like yours!

KP345PR

I've got one

I've got the KP345PR (Blued slide w/picatinny accessory rail) as if you couldn't tell by my name. I absolutely love it. Not a single problem whatsoever. Beware, though, as there's been reports from other guys at the range i go to that have the earlier p345's that have been having a lot of last round FTF's! Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but they all have sub 10000 serial numbers, and are all the stainless slides. My wife has a stainless p345 with a 10000+ serial number, and it shoots fine as well. Happy shooting!