My Final Purchase of 2011

David the Gnome

Well, I decided on December 31st that I couldn't let the 100th anniversary of the 1911 pass me by without honoring it in some way. I was lucky that my local shop was still open and I was even more lucky that I managed to grab the very last Colt Commander they had in stock (they had only just received a batch of them a few days prior and all but this one were gone). I won't waste time with words other than to apologize for the poor quality of the pictures, the weather hasn't permitted any outdoor photography as of late.

coltcommander01.jpg

coltcommander02.jpg

coltcommander04.jpg

Then I went to install my beautiful set of grips from Sarge and this happened... :(

brokengrippanel.jpg

Oh well, you can't have all the luck right?

I'm hoping to shoot it with a buddy of mine sometime in the near future. I think this gun is going to earn itself a permanent place in my collection, which is not an easy thing to do in my collection. ;)

3kgt2nv

After alot of looking I decided to get a few new toys for myself for xmas this year. I got a colt rail gun and a springfield trp. As I was about to leave the store this caught my eye and i had to get it.

2011-12-23_10-41-42_105.jpg

Hammerli p240 in .32 s&w long wc. never shot but has slight scratches from the factory bore brush. The owner currently is the largest collector of hammerli pistols in the NE as he used to be an importer.

also has the factory small grips and all the related information and factory target in the box still.

3kgt2nv

the grips definitely make the gun look classy vs a modern firearm where plastic and rubber is used to cut costs.

David the Gnome

I agree, and classy is definitely what I'm going for with this one.

The only downside I can see with those grips is that I'm going to have to do something about that black trigger now. It just looks out of place when you get rid of the black grips.

3kgt2nv

get a nice 3 hole skeleton trigger that is adjustable and end up with a crisper trigger without the slop.

goldcupssjpg.jpg