my favorite

Sierra280

Thats a great looking set up! And fantastic precision for 3 shots!

So I really hate to be the first one to say it; but what size groups does it shoot? (A group is 5 shots). I've had lousy military surplus in my 308 shoot 3 in under 1/2 inch, but never got a better group than 3/4inch (with that ammo).

EchoM70

Technically a group is two or more. So 3 is a group. The amount of shots are different for different ppl and roles their rifles play.

For example myself I use 3 shot groups on my hunting rifles. If 3 shots are good then it's good to go. For my target/varmint set-ups it's a 5 shot group that I use.

Some people claim that 10 shots are needed to see true accuracy, heck some even consider 15-20 shots to be the definite group size. It's just one if those things that vary depending on who you're talking to.

Anyways that is a nice rifle OP. Why did you choose 20 vartarg over something more common like .204 Ruger. What do you use it for? Varmints? Or just targets?

tdoyka

i use it for mostly groundhogs and foxes. i was going to go with a 204 ruger, but the 20 vt said "buy me!!!". :D i always like calibers that are a little different, and this one is. this encore really is great. i have a 6.5 creedmoor with a 16 1/4" mgm heavy factory barrel(same as the vartarg) that shoots .3" at 100 yds. i tried making it a pistol, but i have a stroke abled disablety and somehow i pulled it to the right. so i left it in a rifle, and does it shoot!!!
as soon as mgm is able to buy the barrels, i would like to get a 444 marlin in a 21" heavy factory barrel with a bellm's muzzle brake. and then, there's a ....:eek:

Last edited: