My faster Steel Challenge Ever.

AzShooter

Drove to the range today for our monthly Steel Challenge match. It's only a 30 minute drive and very relaxing.

Got all set up with my backup Mark III Hunter model. I love how this has been shooting for me. First stage, 5 to go, went well. My shooting buddy commented on how nice the Hunter looked.

Second stage, not so well. Ran the first string and my gun went full auto. This was with the stock trigger. So I ordered a replacement trigger kit. Should solve the problem. Once the gun goes full auto it's considered unsafe and must be refused from the match. Better luck next month.

Hopefully I'll get my Mark IV shooting better. It's jamming and I think it's do for a real good cleaning with Kroll and a good brush. First round won't go in all the way and won't release from the chamber. I also put a new extractor on the gun.

Here is the Mark III.

DAs6Bnn.jpg

JohnKSa

Administrator
Ran the first string and my gun went full auto.
That's got to be exciting.

That doesn't seem to be a common failure mode for these pistols. When you get in there to replace the trigger, it would be interesting to know what went wrong.

rdtompki

Probably a DQ, but what was your time on that first string? Or did you run the gun empty before you could get 5 hits:)