target dot = .750
single digit es/sd
top dot = match solid
3 center dots = controlled chaos
groups would be even smaller with my glass scope
ii2JnD7.jpg

50LyMah.jpg

dcJBZM8.jpg

figured i continue my load dev with the lehigh stuff and work up a nice hunting round for tonights outing

mel80

mcgowen did the complete barrel , i put the rifle together with my own selection of parts , the lower its on in the picture isnt the one i put together for it.The trigger in the dedicated lower is to light for hunting off a tripod , so i threw it on my dpms panther lower with a milspec trigger with reduced power springs for this

barrel is speced like this 5 groove 1-8T rifling 28" inch long .936 at the muzzle + 2 gas system with an .080 gas port hole

im running a billet low mass carrier with a jp reduced power buffer spring, the upper is a billet gen 2x from km and the hg is a 17.5" also from km

my dedicated lower is a skelotonized 80%'er from thunder tactical fitted with a single stage adjustable trigger i have set down to just around 1# and a bunch of anodized control parts and grip , same strike industries fixed stock that i have on my dpms panther lower

Last edited:

hounddawg

Nice, I never could get my Grendel shooting the way I wanted so I rebarreled it as a ARC. I might just have to do a similar build after seeing how yours shoots. I still have the ARC and a .308 bolt gun I need to get tweaked in before starting another rifle though

mel80

i should have time after work tommorw to hit the range i might try golfballs at 500+ i know its capable heres 10 rds, 2 groups ( 7 and a 3) at 500 with 135 a-tips though this was shot with glass not the nv scope
U2Fi0vW.jpg

will be interesting to see if how far out the 110's can hold tight groups

i didnt get to go out hunting on sunday my hunting partner cancelled last minute on me so i said screw it and stayed home , but im off work sunday again so ill head out

mel80

I've posted videos of me shooting the grendel 1200 to beyond 1800 yards at some point I'll go for a new record of 2000y on a sub moa sized target

mel80

went out and checked my zero before tonights trip and had some fun while i was at it
i ran a bunch of theese cycles in the video once with supressor off , then with it on , then with it off etc etc etc , theres 12 rds in that target 6 with supressor on and 6 with it off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UprmQKxBo
evTIARh.jpg

DNeeWeE.jpg

mel80

i did get out the other night and had a blast even as big an heavy as this thing is it balances well on the tripod , and its wieght makes it very easy to stay stable even on the windiest of days
k1XzLVU.jpg

when i have some time ill throw up some of the vids i got few rockchucks and a yote later that night at 437 yards