My Colt 1991A1 Has Warts?

Jamie Young

I gave My Colt a beating in the last couple months. Probable firing close to 2000rds In 3 Months. I've got about 5000rds threw this gun and I think its starting to show.

At the Top of the Receiver, where the slide glides over, A few bumps, are beginning to show. There is also a very, very, small chip right behind those. The Chip has been there for the last 1000rds and hasn't caused any problems, but the little bumps are new.

Is this something that should be ground down with some kind of stone?

James K

Member In Memoriam
Where are the "bumps"? In the center, to the side, on the rails, behind the disconnector hole or in front of it? Are they evenly spaced? If there are upward "bumps" are there depressions? Also where is the chip out of?

I either have never seen this or am not identifying it, so would appreciate any info you have.

JIm

Jamie Young

Your not going to believe this but........

I have the gun sitting here in pieces and I've been staring at it for 2 days. I JUST REALISED ITS JUST BUILD UP OF BLACK CRUD:eek:

I cleaned the gun yesterday and it didn't come off. I just scratched at it with My finger nail and it came off:rolleyes:

Never Mind, Never Mind :rolleyes:

Jamie Young

I've never seen a mound of crud like that. I got the gun pretty hot doing some tactical shooting. I think maybe the heat packed it in.