my christmas project

EastSideRich

So my family on my wife's side has a tradition where we have to draw names and make the present ourselves (as opposed to buying something -although a lot of them just buy a bunch of stuff and put it into a gift basket that they "made").
bushidomosquito (no longer around I guess) had posted some pictures of some flowers he made out of bullets a while back. bushido's flowers
I thought they were pretty cool, so I decided to give it a shot myself. I don't think the guy I made them for thought they were as cool as I did or appreciated how tricky these things were to make; but oh well, c'est la vie. I think I may make some more for myself to put on a shelf here. I figured out how to make some leaves out of the casings that add a lot to the look of them, but couldn't figure out a good way to attach them to the stems.
I thought I'd post a couple of pics here as fellow gun nuts may have more appreciation for them.
As an aside, my mom, who is as rabidly anti-gun as they come thought they were really neat.
Here's how they turned out:
flowers004.jpg

flowers007.jpg

Thanks for the idea bushido, where ever you may be.

EastSideRich

really original gift idea too
Again, have to give credit to bushidomosquito for the idea, just did mine a little differently.
Expanded bullets were fired into layers of an adhesive I got a hold of; it's kind of rubbery stuff that stops jhps in about 2-4 inches. I had to put a ziplock baggie with some water in front to get them to expand though.

sserdlihc

That's :cool: I would like to give my wife a dozen of those for Valentines day...but then I might be a lonely man for a while;)