My CCW Is Here!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I know you all care.... right?:)

3 days short of 5 months. (They told me 2-3 months)

Here's my new baby:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Glock33.jpg
    Glock33.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8,000

Sevens

Yeah, I care... it wasn't that long ago that I had to wait for mine. Took about 40 days. Waiting for Florida was much longer.

Carry permit in New York State... I thought that was one of the tougher places to get one?

Congrats!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Here's the required pic with the shotgun shell in the trigger guard. I still can't find that requirement in "Forum Rules" but it must be, every thread has one;)

attachment.php

Here's one in my spiffy Crossbreed Supertuck:
attachment.php

One with my AWESOME (everyone should have one) Uplula Magazine Loader:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 7,755
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 10,889
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 811

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Carry permit in New York State... I thought that was one of the tougher places to get one?

Nah, Upstate, for the most part, is not bad at all. My county was not issuing them at all until very recently but we have a fairly large city. Generally, the only tough places in upstate are counties with cities... Syracuse, Binghamton, Rochester, Buffalo. Now, downstate is a different world, almost impossible inside "the" city.

Sevens

Oooooh, I have an idea of how you can help your fellow man!

Next time you are at a show or a gun shop, see if that spiffy crossbreed supertuck will accept a Glock 29 stuffed in to it.

Or maybe I should just punch 'em up and see if they make one for a widebody Glock?

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Next time you are at a show or a gun shop, see if that spiffy crossbreed supertuck will accept a Glock 29 stuffed in to it.

Or maybe I should just punch 'em up and see if they make one for a widebody Glock?

They do make one for the G29 for sure. I think they are "body specific", for instance all sub-compacts fit the same holster.

mrclean77

Congrats!

Just got a G21SF (my first pistola and first gun I bought myself) on Saturday

recently saw that mag loader & had thoughts about it - you likey?

A new Glock 33? Geez, who in their right mind would ever want one of those ugly, weird calibered monstrosities? You're just going to shoot your eye out with it. ;)

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
recently saw that mag loader & had thoughts about it - you likey?

It's fantastic. None of that "How come my 9 round mag only 8 rounds business." No effort to load them at all. First time I tried it I loaded the mags in probably 15 seconds, without really trying to be fast.

Here some more pics::D

My Pierce +0 grip extension:
attachment.php

My shiny polished and engraved Lone Wolf Barrel:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 9,769
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 9,883
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 514

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
and a couple more:

My extended Lone Wolf Barrel (because NY thinks 5" barrels make you a better hunter, apparently):rolleyes::
attachment.php

attachment.php

A new Glock 33? Geez, who in their right mind would ever want one of those ugly, weird calibered monstrosities? You're just going to shoot your eye out with it.

Yeah, well, I took some advice from a couple people around here... one of them has 9503 posts as of this writing, so he MUST know what he's talking about... of course, I recently found out he thinks he's a wild west sheriff or something, now I'm starting to wonder...;):D

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,426
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 7,312

curt.45

uh, please explain the reason for buying a tiny hand gun and sticking a long barrel on it.

I'll refrain from making any suggestions of sexual inadequacy. :D

Yeah, well, I took some advice from a couple people around here... one of them has 9503 posts as of this writing, so he MUST know what he's talking about... of course, I recently found out he thinks he's a wild west sheriff or something, now I'm starting to wonder...
That guy sounds like a real crackpot. For a second I was afraid you were talking about me, until I realized I have 9508 posts. :D

Enjoy that ugly thing. :)

Last edited:

Sevens

uh, please explain the reason for buying a tiny hand gun and sticking a long barrel on it.
I will hazard a guess here and say that the long barrel makes it legal according to the State of New York to be carried in the field and used on game animals. A lot of states have restrictions based on length of barrel or certain minimal calibers. And some of the laws are pretty archaic, too.

Sevens

Oh yeah, with regards to holster fit: The G29 is the fattest fat widebody damn carry pistol this side of a revolver. Nobody that makes holster for Glocks sizes them by full/compact/sub, they pretty much size them by the fatass width of the pistol.

Of course, shortly after I finally get my G29, they introduce the slime frame at the SHOT show. But hey... I wouldn't want to wait for one anyway, so I'm not really complaining. Much.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I will hazard a guess here and say that the long barrel makes it legal according to the State of New York to be carried in the field and used on game animals.

Bingo! I don't plan to hunt with it but in the event that I need a finishing shot I'd prefer to use a 30 cent 357 round instead of a $3.75 sabot shotgun slug. Not to mention that I've never been too fond of shooting a deer from 5 feet away with a 12 gauge.:barf: