My backyard handgun shooting range

rblack

Thought you all might like to see my backyard shooting range. I live in Southwest Florida in the country and while enlarging our small lake I put in a small dirt burm. Just put up a 4X4 with cross braces for targets and use a small adjustable table to lay gear on. I usually shoot at least once a week. Since I reload it is nice for testing ammo in small batches.

Attachments

• 750.jpg
    750.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 670

KSFreeman

Man, I know there were reasons to hate living in the city.

I admit I'm a safety ninny, but what happens if you miss that berm? Where does the bullet go?:confused:

KSFreeman

Blackhawk, yup, I've seen it twice, however, both times were on LE ranges.

Yes, I'm a safety ninny who is always rattling on about the 4 Rules. Nice place you have there rblack, but if it were me, I'd want a bigger berm. Just me, but maybe trees and acres are enough.

rblack

KSFreeman,

Trust me, If there was even a slight possibility of any kind of accident, I would change it. The berm is actually a little higher than it seems in the picture and there is absolutely nothing behind it, except my wifes horses.

Blackhawk, thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:

karstho

Very Cool

Awesome!!

I can only dream of some day owning enough land to be able to shoot in my own back yard.....:(

Ewok_Guy

Nice set up.. Ever shoot up that puddle of water when paper gets boring? :)
Here's my half-ass tactical rifle range.

Attachments

• range0319.jpg
    range0319.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 371

kingknives

Nice Rod,
It sure beats driving up to C.W. Webb doesn't it? :)

I wish I could put one up, but I think they're illegal in Cape Coral. LOL ;)

Joe

Sisco

Someday I'll build my 'dream house'. In the country with a walk-out basement. Dirt birm & target board 'bout 100 yds from the patio.
Basement will have a 15x20' room made of concrete block, steel roof, lined with fire-resistant sheetrock and a steel door; walk in gunsafe, reloading room & tornado shelter.
Hey, I can dream, can't I?

rblack

KingKnives,

I lived in Cape for 12 years and made a lot of trips to Web. Finally just couldn't take it any more , the call of the wild you know. I love it out here.

I keep telling my wife to get the damn horses out of the way. Honey your horse is asleep in the pasture.

I don't know about quail, but my friend has a big dove hunt every year. Hard to hit em on the move with a 1911.

eyeballz, show us some pics of your range in Alabama.

Gator pond is farther back and too the left, had two in there this year.

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 139

RAY WOODROW 3RD

I call it "MINE".

Open the attachments at this link.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127352&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

my father and myself have developed the range. It's part of our hunting club but we concider it ours since we do all the work to it and the club doesn't have to spend money on it at all! It's self sufficient thanks to the TFLers who come down to shoot twice a year. A nice private range in N.J. Hard to believe isn't it? I call it home.....;)