my auto ordnance after coating

stuffaknuckle

A couple pics of my auto ordnance 1911 after coating. the gun looked horrible so I figured it was time to give it some "cosmetic love".The guy did a awesome job!

Attachments

• wow3.jpg
    wow3.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 203
  • wow2.jpg
    wow2.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 167
  • wow1.jpg
    wow1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 144

DocDizz

Uh. Looks like you're missing a front sight? BTW, nice finish. Not really digging the grips tho. Get some custom wood!

Lost Sheep

Unique

Stuffaknuckle,

Do you have pictures of the "Before" gun? I looked through your other posts. Is this the one you just got in trade?

While the color is not traditional, I think it looks very clean. Straight lines, very little text on the sides. The monochrome broken up by a few contrasting parts.

I rather like it.

B18C5-EH2,

I don't understand your post. (Unless you are saying is looks sick in the same sense that a really nice car is "bad".)

Attempting to disagree with you in the most respectful and agreeable way.

Lost Sheep.

stuffaknuckle

Thanks guys. The gun looks great.

DocDizz, yeah the front sight is missing. Just havent put it on yet. As far as grips, I just havent found a set yet that I like for it. Maybe some black aluminum grips but Im still looking.

Lost sheep, the color was a last minute choice. I was actually going for a medium gray but he was out and had to order it so I seen that color on the sheet and said "why not". The link is a pic of the "before" shot. B18C5-EH2 was paying me a compliment. Sick = cool. Slang ya know.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57277&d=1266806608

gearchecker

Stuff,
That's an excellent before and after result.
Very nice, I hope the finish holds up well for you. It's really top drawer.
Now you have one to show off to your friends

stuffaknuckle

slammedsi, a local guy in oregon did it for me. Charged me a pretty good price. If you want his info PM me and Ill send it to ya.

gearchecker, My friends love it and the guy I got the pistol from wants it back now.

DocDizz

I can link you to some nice custom WOODEN grips if you want... Well, actually just google sarge's grips. He does some AWESOME stuff and if I wasn't poor I'd get some for my Dan Wesson (with a Star of David for religious reasons). Was it stainless to begin with?

B18C5-EH2

Lost Sheep said:
B18C5-EH2,

I don't understand your post. (Unless you are saying is looks sick in the same sense that a really nice car is "bad".)

Why yes "sick" was intended to be a positive adjective to describe his coated 1911.

:D

CWPinSC

Looks good to me, even though I favor a "darker" colored semi. As for the grips - yes, fancy wood and composite may look great and may not provide the grip and cushion needed.

rptrower

Great looking 1911! For me the black contrasting parts really make the pistol.
That is the type of look I really like although I know it's not for every owner.

stuffaknuckle

DocDizz, Ive been looking at grips and even ran across some of sarges grips. My problem is I like the feel of the hogue grip even though I dont really like the look of it. I love the aluminum grips on my dan wesson so Im looking into those.

Unfortunally, there are so many grip options out there that finding the right set is gonna be difficult. Then, you run across sarges website and the grips are beautiful, but beauty = $$$$$.

Anyways, the gun was origionally blued that was half scratched and half wore. I originally got the gun in a trade and it has been a ongoing project with swapping out the internals with several colt, wilson, and fusion parts. It was just nice to see it coated after working on it for several months.