My 870 Build is Complete: O.D. Cerakote and Trijicon Ghost Rings!!

Bought in November as a regular 870 with the 18" barrel, extended magazine, and synthetic stock/ forearm. Since then, I've added:

- Knoxx recoil reducing stock
- Knoxx power pack
- Mesa Tactical 4-shell saddle
- Surefire picatinny rail forearm
- Magpul rail covers on the forearm
- Tangodown stubby vertical grip (not in pictures)
- Streamlight TLR-3 (not in pictures)
- Mesa Tactical magazine/barrel clamp with stubby picatinny rail and quick disconnect sling swivel
- Trijicon tritium ghost ring sights
- GG&G HK style sling adaptor (it's between the receiver and stock)
- O.D. Green Cerakote

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Last edited:

kx592

I must say thats probably the best looking 870 iv seen, get some rounds through it it looks to unused

it looks too un-used because it was just coated....but it hasn't had too many rounds through it to be honest...just waiting until this summer then I'll have it out on the range a lot

zippy13

...just waiting until this summer then I'll have it out on the range a lot

I guess any HD situations (for which you've presumably accessorized your gun) will wait until summer, too. :rolleyes:
Pump some pellets thru that puppy - the sooner, the better.

predator86

you can still hunt with it, in fact i prefer a pistol grip when im shooting slugs, throw a bird barrel on it and i bet you can still hit a pheasant with it...:rolleyes:

I didn't really post this thread on here to be asked how many times I've shot it in order to break it in and practice in the event of a home defense situation.

It has had plenty of rounds through it and I don't use it for home defense regularly... it just sits in the safe, loaded to capacity and ready to roll, in case the **** hits the fan

It's really just a project of mine, though you never know when it may end up next to my night stand...or in my truck :)

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Nice gun.

To the OP......

Lots of folks get on this BB and others I mod and post pics of new looking, black shotguns. Few show any signs of use.

Good defensive shotguns get used frequently. Zippy, among others, knows this.

The fact that some folks do not get the point that use and nothing but use builds expertise upsets me.

And that includes the statement that you are willing to post this as a defensive weapon after all the mods without a range trip scares me a little.

RetiredMajor

Hey Dedicatedshooter...nice looking gun. Have fun with it!

Some of you posters here get upset a little too easily. He said he has put many rounds thru it. Read his post. And, what if he hasn't? Maybe he has 4 others that are well proven. I have a carbine I bought 2 months ago that I haven't gotten around to shooting, but I have another that is well worn.

Some of you guys could rain on a parade!

Ignore the crap Dedicatedshooter, and enjoy your project!

Major

GunsAreGood

Very nice looking 870. Like said before that is one of the best looking 870's I have seen in a while. Congrats and don't be mad if you see mine looking like yours in a few months. :D:D

bamaranger

nice work

Looks as if you did a good job. The Kote and sights appeal to me.

Not a fan of ammo on the receiver or pistol grips on pumps, but....

its your gun, not mine.

Finish looks exceptionally even.

Nnobby45

Lots of folks get on this BB and others I mod and post pics of new looking, black shotguns. Few show any signs of use.

Careful, Dave, my 870 had plenty of rounds pumped thru it before I sent it to Scattergun Tech and had them convert it to a new Border Patrol model--spankin' brand new finish and all. Liked it so much, I had them build me a brand new one with SureFire fore-end.:D

Both have been suffieciently broke in, though I admit to being guilty of not practicing as much as I should. Top one for home, and bottom for grab and go (like I really need two of 'em:D)

Note how tight 00 Fed Tac with FliteControl shoots from cyl bore @ 20 and 25 yds.:)

Attachments

• Shotguns 019.jpg
    Shotguns 019.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 105

Pahoo

I'm not into "Tacticool" that deep but this is one excellent looking package... :eek:
Have you given any thought into a trigger shoe of oversized safety button? I also have a 870 HD but don't ask for those pictures. Mine is never in my safe and always good to go. Thanks for your fine pictures and really give the folks a good look at what can be had.

Be Safe !!!

p99guy

That is a darn good looking 870! I would love to see a photo of it out in the sunlight, to see what the green finish looks like outside.

Pahoo,the big button safety is a good addition...but noooooo trigger shoes on defense guns! they can and have slid down and prevented the trigger from operating, and if wider than the trigger guard...they can catch on your clothing and make gun go boom.

Pahoo

but noooooo trigger shoes on defense guns! they can and have slid down and prevented the trigger from operating, and if wider than the trigger guard...they can catch on your clothing and make gun go boom.
Good point and thanks for the heads-up .... :)

Be Safe !!!