My 7 month wait is over...

hoytinak

After 7 months & 3 days (I was quoted a 4 month time frame) of patiently waiting I got my Glock 19 back from Bowie Tactical Concepts today. He did the grip reduction, 360 degree stipple and mag release scallop on it. I'm impressed with the work and the grip feels SO much better IMO. I'm just glad I wasn't in too big a hurry to get it back. Overall I'm happy with it. ;)

GeekWithAGun

Looks great! I really like the stippling. I haven't seen it like that before, almost looks like a relief of a wood grain. Very cool.

HKFan9

I heard the waiting period for buying a gun that fits your hand in the first place is a lot shorter.;);)

HKFan9

How does that stippling feel though, seems like it might dig a little too much in the hand, over all though it looks comfortable for a glock with the grip reduction, I want a G20 but the grip is ungodly too large for my hands it seems.

hoytinak

It's a not too bad, looking at it it looks real rough but it's just enough to get a good grip and keep from slipping (although I haven't fired it yet, gonna do that this weekend). I've got a G20 I'd like to have done too but don't wanna wait 7 months for it so I'm gonna let my local smith try it out. He's never done one but wants to try it and if he screws it up I'll get a new G20. It'll be good practice for him. :)