My 6 year old got his first turkey

Bitmap

We were hunting whitetail and mule deer on our farm. He was with my dad while my 8 year old was with me. It was getting close to the end of legal hunting time and a group of gobblers decided to get a little too close.

Here is the predator and the prey.
tom2.jpg

Here is another shot of the lovely couple.
tom3.jpg

Here is the big boy holding his bird.
tom4.jpg

Here he is with the bird and the rifle he used.
tom6.jpg

This is his older brother, the 8 year old.
tom7.jpg

He's telling his grandmother about his turkey.
tom5.jpg

Have a good thanksgiving!!

Rey B

What a great bunch of pictures Bitmap. Where are you at that you can use rifle for turkey? And what was the load your little guy was using? Did he have trouble fitting into the truck with his grin that big? Expiring minds want to know.:D:D

Bitmap

What a great bunch of pictures Bitmap. Where are you at that you can use rifle for turkey? And what was the load your little guy was using? Did he have trouble fitting into the truck with his grin that big? Expiring minds want to know.

Any 4 bird county in TX allows any legal firearm including rimfires for turkey.

The rifle is a 7.62x39 for deer hunting and it was loaded with Winchester JSP factory ammo. Like most deer loads it was way too much for a turkey but he wanted to take one and there is no way to say no.

We had no trouble shoehorning the grin into the truck.

Malexander

Damn, I'd love to shoot my own Turkey. I think some of my friends might object though. Plus they don't really roam wild here in Scotland...

dustoff

Wow that is outstanding. Was this his first kill? If that was my son I would have a mount made from the tail feathers with the pic of him holding the bird by the neck framed below it. From the looks of it the bird is almost as big as the child. Congradulations to the little man, as said before that is good stuff.

Bitmap

Was this his first kill? If that was my son I would have a mount made from the tail feathers with the pic of him holding the bird by the neck framed below it.

That is the first game he's taken. He can't wait to eat it. We ate my 8 year old's turkey from this season first. I plan on mounting the tail feathers and beard. Adding the pic to the mount is a great idea.

BIGR

Its great you have him hunting at an early age. Looks like you got yourself a hunting partner for a long time to come. I know it meant alot to me way back years ago, when my dad first took me hunting.

Bitmap

Its great you have him hunting at an early age. Looks like you got yourself a hunting partner for a long time to come. I know it meant alot to me way back years ago, when my dad first took me hunting.

You guys need to check out my threads about my 8 year old's turkey this year and his mule deer this year. Heck, my thread about the 8 year old's first deer and two turkey's last year might still be there somewhere.

I like being the guide for the kids better than I like hunting for myself.