My 590 dollar semi budget build AR

Freakingstang

Here is a decent budget build I threw together.

Spikes blemmed DIY lower for 60 bucks
PSA Lower parts Kit with magpul MOE stock and pistol grip for 99.99
PSA 1/9 CHF FN barrel upper with Midwest industries rail and bcg 399.99 (black Friday).
Magpul BAD lever 29.99.

I used the plastic ruger back up sites left over from my SR556 and had a bushnell trophy red/green dot leftover from an AR I bought a few years ago. Until I decide on what optic I want, it is a small moa (>2) and holds zero. I put 200 rounds though it today breaking it in. I wanted a 1/8 barrel but couldn't pass up the 600 dollar chf upper with rail. Maybe I'll change out the barrel at some point. PSA trigger is not bad once surfaces were polished. I don't see a need for an expensive trigger as of yet. It is 10x better than the Ptac triggers that PSA also sells.

some pics from the build

84E8FA5A-8144-47E2-949B-2F823EC8C9EF_zpsjozr2iuo.jpg

4CE65044-B176-48BC-8352-FD667444FE3D_zpsdcf5koxv.jpg

E94CFD64-1CC1-461B-8A3C-7532CEF23373_zpsac3cpwso.jpg

100_0532_zps03a28b06.jpg

100_0553_zpsdf2269ef.jpg

100_0554_zpsf3f7437b.jpg

BillyJack3

Well done on the build! With the FN CHF barrel in a 1/9, you should still be good unless you're shooting some heavy loads. I only shoot up to 62gr so I've never had a problem. I've done a similar build and one of my PSA triggers is really nice. The other was so bad that I couldn't even polish it smooth. Just replaced it with an ALG ACT and couldn't be happier. Enjoy it!

Freakingstang

Yeah I'm a neon green junkie. I don't like the zombie crap on the 1911 at all. I have tried all kinds of grips and the ones that look good aren't comfortable. It has kimber black rubber grips on it now.

And I've had some PSA triggers that were horrible (2) and 2 that were great. This one tool a little more polishing but the results were worth it. I did not change the hammer springs, although did change the disconnector spring. The reset was so stiff, sometimes it wouldn't reset even totally lifting off the trigger. Luckily I had a box of trigger parts from past builds.

Even the bushy has green on it once upon a time. Not everything I own has green, just the ones I carry or shoot alot

+1k ammo

Sweet. I m looking to do same.
Is yours better than say a s&w sport or similar. I do like the price you built yours for and it looks great.

Freakingstang

yes it is better than an entry level DPMS oracle or SW sport. It is more along the lines of a colt or spikes. You could build an equivalent to the sporter for under 450-500