My 45s...

SaxonPig

Participating in the discussion on the 45 Colt vs. 45 Long Colt got me to thinking about my various 45 caliber handguns. I think I may have more 44s than 45s but we are talking about 45s at this point and I thought I would share.

A Second Generation (1971) SAA. Ooops...don't look at the ammo box if "Long Colt" upsets you. :)

standard.jpg

Another 2G (1961) SAA. A commemorative model I bought as a shooter.

standard.jpg

A Government Model Series '70 I bought new in 1973 ($130 retail). Woolworths sold guns and ammo back then and I bought surplus 45 ACP for 5 cents per round. Shot countless thousands of it through this gun. This pistol and I have "seen the elephant" more than once. Added the ivory stocks in 1975 (paid $32.50 and shrieked at the outrageous price) and in 1976 I had a smith add the S&W sights. That's what we did back then. In 2012 I had the old gun engraved.

standard.jpg

Another Series '70 but this one is the Gold Cup model. Original save for the ivory stocks (I have a thing for ivory) it has digested thousands of full power rounds without a hitch.

standard.jpg

Bought this on a lark about 12 years ago.

standard.jpg

I was right, I do have more 44s.

rodfac

Senor Pig, you always come up with some beautiful iron...thanks for sharing those pics...Rod (How do I get in the will?)

I have four .45s, two semi-autos, and two revolvers.

I have a Springfield Milspec 1911-A1 that I bought lightly used quite a few years ago.

I have a Smith 4506-1 that I bought maybe 5 years ago. Absolutely LOVE that gun. I've always loved the big S&W .45s.

In revolvers, I have a Brazilian issue Model of 1917, and I have my absolute pride and joy, a gun I searched for for over a decade, a Smith & Wesson 25-2 in .45 Long Colt... but a FOUR inch barrel, not the far more common 6 inch. I can't tell you how many 6" variations I passed up because I wanted the 4.

volkstrm

Well I am down to only two 45's now. They are my Sig 220 combat & my CZ 97B. I think both are great and I will keep then. Never going to sell them two.

bannockburn

SaxonPig

Nice collection of .45s! Especially like the engraved and ivory stocked Series 70 Government.

Currently I have seven .45s; four semi-autos and three revolvers, all of them single action.

Some of my favorites:

banditgriot

Sorry, I can't figure out how to post pics and text in the same thread. However,
I am down to two .45's, but one does both Colt and Auto or Long Colt and Automatic Colt Pistol...depending how pedantic you are feeling.