My 4006TSW is here! ;-)

Miami_JBT

Sorry for no pictures. Been a busy week. We lost two Miami-Dade County Detectives in the line of duty. So I've been busy. Hence no pictures of the pistol.

My Smith & Wesson Model 4006TSW that I ordered from Summit Gunbroker is here. Got it last Saturday. I was supposed to get it the Thursday before hand but the US Postal Service screwed that up.

Initial inspection of the pistol was the following. DIRTY AS SIN and chewed up factory grips. Factory Trijicon night sights still have life in 'em. Pistol was made in August of 2000. No PD issue markings. Which for me is a good thing. I cannot stand PD marked guns unless it was a historical piece or it's a personal piece (mine or my father's). Mechanically the pistol was fine. Came with two factory 11rd mags plus the extra three I ordered. All are marked from the dreaded AWB era and they have blue followers. Two minor dings on the pistol. One is on the light rail and the other is on the right side decocker/safety lever.

Took it home and cleaned her up. Used a little of the Mothers Mag polish to clean up some holster scuff and also to polish up the barrel. Little bit of surface rust under the grips. Cleaned that right up with a rag and WD-40. Got a set of Hogue grips to replace the chewed up factory grips. Put 200rds of CCI Blazer FMJ, 100rds of Winchester Ranger SXT, and 100rds of Speer Gold Dot. Not jams or malfunctions. Worked like a charm.

My Surefire X200 does not fit on my pistol, but it currently has the GLOCK plate on.... so that might be why. Anyways, it's not a major issue because it gives me the excuse to purchase a TLR-1.

Love this pistol... weight isn't as bad as folks say, recoil is low, and it's just a smooth and sweet piece of steel. It's so nice I am not thinking of hunting down a PC Tactical .40.

All in all, damn fine pistol and this is one that's not leaving the barn.

Muddflap

Mark's a good guy to deal with, and those 3rd generation S&W's are built like tanks.

Someday those good deals are going to dry up.