My 3" Colt Python

boa2

The 3" Colt Python pictured below, has been Lettered by Colt to be genuine and is not a fake. Although I do have the original gun box and papers, I did not include these in the photos. You'll have to overlook the fact that my photo's aren't the greatest and, since my Python's finish was left coated with BREAKFREE CLP-this is why the finish doesn't appear as glossy as it should:
P1050358.jpg

P1050357.jpg

P1050355.jpg

P1050356.jpg

P1050362.jpg

P1050361.jpg

Ain't that irony? They build a better balanced gun (than the 2.5") that has a longer ejection rod, a gun that more people would buy, then they quickly quit making it. Now they are so rare and valuable, no one would carry one if they owned it. Isn't that about as stupid as it gets?

Deaf Smith

Ain't that irony? They build a better balanced gun (than the 2.5") that has a longer ejection rod, a gun that more people would buy, then they quickly quit making it. Now they are so rare and valuable, no one would carry one if they owned it. Isn't that about as stupid as it gets?

And that is why I perfer my 3 inch 686 CS-1 .357. It also handles better than the 2 1/2 686.

Mighy fine Python. I wonder, did they even make ANY 3 inch stainless Pythons?

EdInk

Pythons are nice. Probably the nicest revolver that Colt
made. I'd still take an S&W over it but that's PREFERENCE.

$4000?! Really?! I don't have any guns to sell right now (horrible
boating accident, don't ask) but I do have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can mail you the title for, once your check clears the bank.

Colt Pythons are cool. Very Hollywood. Well made. Nothing negative, really.
All this from a big Smith&Wesson fan. However, the pedistals and prices that some people put them on/on them seem a bit high for a
production gun. Yes, I've shot them and are nice. They aren't that super rare and ultra special though. Shoot them and enjoy them. That is what they were made for anyway.

EdInk

Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it.
Reload it.
Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it. Shoot it.Shoot it. Shoot it.
Reload it.
Reload it.
Take it home. Clean it.
Reload it.

Repeat it.

It's a Python not a Picasso. (Insert pistol is better looking than painting joke here.) Your stock production Python is a beautiful range gun not a retirement plan. Enjoy it. There's even rumors on the internet that some nutcases CARRY them, scratch them and trust them for more than keeping the pistol safes from being hungry. CRAZY! Right?:rolleyes: