My 1st WW2 Era Piece

Schlitz 45

Stopped in LGS last Saturday to see if they had anything interesting & spied an old Walther in the used gun case. Sales guy was clueless, other than the grips, no caliber or manufacturer stamped on the gun, only PP 7.65mm stamped on the magazine. I spotted the waffen stamps & price seemed low from what I know so brought it home along with a trashed out holster with a spare mag in it & a way to big pistol case that it came with.
JTSE0yLl.jpg

9AS8nldl.jpg

A little research once home I found it's a "plain slide" Walther PP made in the spring of 1945 very near the end of the war.
I've never sought out nazi arms, I just wanted a PP in 32auto, but find the history interesting. I don't believe the gun was ever issued or shot much, the bore is bright & shiny
I was directed to this info from a gentleman at another forum regarding the seizing of the Walther factory in April of '45
https://www.rockislandauction.com/riac-blog/walther-pp-pattons-twin
Had some grips I bought for the Mrs PPK/S that didn't fit that I dug out & put on it. looks less military & doesn't hurt collector value.
Checking recent sales of similar guns I did good, the magazines alone are going for $200 & up right now.
4S4yOysl.jpg

Last edited:

jar

Very nice an in 32acp the PP is a delight to shoot.

Mine is a post war Austrian Police trade-in.

eastbank

a friend has one that is in like unissued condition, tho rougher than a corn cob, brought back from germany by his grandad after ww-2, story is that he traded a carton of lucky strikes for it. it shoots pretty good considering the out side manufracting tool marks.

hoopharted

nice find , was either grip panal cracked? i see allot of them with cracked panal , mine does , seems to be a common issue

gwpercle

It is marked with the caliber ... 7.65 = 32 auto / 32 acp
You just have to know how to read the markings .
You have got a Sweet little pocket gun ... Nice Score !
It's a keeper ... the WWII era PPK's are well made .
My PPK was stolen in 1990 and I still miss it ... Perfect Pocket Pistol ...
Whatever you do ... don't let it get away . I handloaded cast bullets for practice / fun and kept it loaded with Winchester Silvertips for business ... they never failed to function !
Gary

Schlitz 45

The plastic grips are in good shape.
The pistol is not marked with its caliber. The only marking on the pistol are the matching serial numbers on slide & frame, the AC on the frame denoting the Zella-Mehlis factory, & the eagle over an N proof marks on the barrel & slide. Only the magazines are stamped with the caliber, Walther banner, & a W.