My 14 year old & my Pietta '58

Raider2000

Today I thought to take my lil girls to the range for some fun before I had to take my oldest back home.

Now my oldest isn't much for the outdoors stuff except maybe some fishing, her mom has a problem with her doing things that relate to the outdoors except maybe soccer & has always made it clear that I don't get her involved with Archery, Shooting &/or Hunting, well what's a Dad to do?

During our time I let her & my 7 year old shoot the .22 Ruger Single Six a little & after a while she was hitting pretty good at 10 yards, then she asked me to try my Pietta '58 that I had brought.

100_1627.JPG

She did quite well with my target load of 22gr. FFFG & .457 Ball hitting in the 7 ring area at 10 yards.

There may be hope for her after all. ;)

Raider2000

Yeah I was supprised, normally when I mention any of my Black Powder pieces & shooting to her for an activity she'll decline & just watch TV or if the whole family is there she'll normally stay on the other side of the table.

iwannasee

My 12 yo daughter's favorite to shoot is my 1851 colt navy in .44 from Pietta. It always puts a smile on her face. Plus it usually scares others on range to see a little girl with such a big pistol shooting so well!!

noelf2

Raider, it's great that you are getting your daughters in to shooting. My youngest daughter, now 15, is the only one of my 3 that likes to shoot. She'll try anything but she drives nails with my H&R 949 .22 revolver. Calls it her gun but I beg to differ. On our last outing, she shot my 58 remi with some hefty cartridge loads (35 fffg, 250gr bullet) and it kicked a bit much for her. She prefers the C&B, brings a tear to my eye, snif.

Where did you take the pictures of your daughter shooting? Is that at the IWL in Spotsy?

Raider2000

Noelf:
Yeah that was at the Spotsy IWL.

My 7 year old likes shooting the .22 but she has no fear of shooting anything bigger.

I just hope that with the time I spend with my lil ones that they learn & appreciate the great outdoors.

kwhi43

Daughter

Here is my 10 year old daughter. She sure enjoys shooting her .32 cal
Blackpowder gun. It was her idea to start shooting. Thats a fan hanging
around her neck so she can keep cool while shooting.
0002-1_filtered.jpg

Hawg

Good Lord, you'd swear she was being forced to shoot that thing in the second picture.

She'll shoot till the shells are gone but she don't like it. She loves my 1911 .45 ACP with 255 gr. Keiths tho.:D

hawg maybe you need to put a little perfume in the powder next time

Now there's an idea I never thought of. :D

Raider2000

My 14 year old has yet to try my M1911A1 .45 ACP but maybe one day, my 7 year old though has shot my CVA Bobcat .50 cal & liked that.

Kinda wished I had some extra $$$ to get one of those copies of the '63 Remington Pocket revolver so that my 7 year old could hold & shoot it comfortably, but Moma has put me on a $$$ restriction, good thing I make my own shot & patches & that I have plenty of powder & caps ATM. :rolleyes:

RoaringBull

My 15 yo son will shoot anything!!
My 13 yo daughter will only shoot a bow but is good at it.
My 10 yo daughter loves to shoot her daddy's .50 Kentucky flinter on a light charge.