Muzzleloader during "shotgun season".

mrawesome22

Ohio "shotgun season", as it's known, will be here in a couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has pushed their shotguns to side in favor of their smoke poles like I have in recent years. There is just something magical about that big ol' cloud of smoke.:p BTW Yes, I think Jim Shockey is dreamy.:p

crowbeaner

Are you sure you aren't looking at the Shockey the football player? I haven't given up on my beloved A5 YET, but FWIW I just finished prepping my CVA for the late season. Both firearms put the deer down with a thump, and I like to shoot them both. In all honesty the Browning gets more use all year, but the smell and smoke and soot makes me dream of the smell of Hoppes. Not to mention the wife frowns when I open the bottle inside anyway. Gotta love it. CB.

jrothWA

Used my New Englander...

during the Michigan season in the southern zone. Alway carried a sidearm for second shot( never needed it, then again never needed the first)

If you have a private area, no problem, but have come from NE Ohio probably be best to take the shotgun, just in case.

Niagara Shooter

Last year i shot my first deer with a scoped gun, it was a bps 20ga and the deer was on a full run. The scope made the shot so much easier than with open sights i had full intentions of dedicating a scoped gun to my full time "stand" gun. However i never did decided if i wanted to get a bolt action shot gun or a muzzle loader until recently. The fact that i wanted an Abolt 12 ga (impossible to find) really helped as a factor, because all the other bolt action slug guns aren't very easy on the eyes, I decided that a muzzle loader would be the better choice of the two. I conclueded this due to the fact that i could shoot longer distances and with only 1 shot it would make me wait for that perfect shot. The second thing that influenced my decision was the fact that i could use a scoped muzzle loader durring the regular firearms season as well as the muzzle loader season that follows the shotgun season here in NY. The gun that i plan on getting is the TC Pro Hunter due to the fact that you can shoot 200 yrds, farther range than a shotgun and 2 different seasons. I've got a 3x9x40 VXII Leupold now i've just gotta go and get the gun! :rolleyes:
NS

TCman

I live in southern Indiana. I use my TC Omega over my 870. I like having the range of a .50. They are cheaper to shoot over the 12ga slugs. Ive also never needed more than one shot to take down a whitetail.