muzzle brakes and accuracy

dvdcrr

in your experience how does switching from basic a2 flash hider to a fancy muzzle brake affect 200 meter accuracy?

std7mag

I don't know about switching from a flash hider, but for 200 meters a muzzle brake should not affect accuracy to any notable degree in the negative.
For that close of a distance i've found them to actually help my accuracy.

For long range, "extreme long range" ( 1,200 yards +), they supposedly affect accuracy.

TXAZ

Anything you add to the end of a barrel will change the impact point.
At 200, it’s no likely to be as severe as at 500 but the weight and pressure differential will make a measurable difference.

Bfglowkey

So basically what everyone is saying is accuracy is not effected, but where your bullet will hit vs where it is aimed will shift from its current location/zero and will require you to re-zero after you install the muzzle device.

cw308

dvdcrr
I had a screw on and timed muzzle brake installed for follow up shots shooting from a bi pod , POA and POI did not change with 200 meter zero 308/ 7.62 round . Much less recoil you can concentrate more on hits . For me it worked well , what are you shooting ? Either way give it a try you won't be disappointed .

Chris