Muzzle blast in low light.

MP Freeman

I would like to know if anybody here as ever shot a 357 magnum round in low light conditions. I shot mine last week around dusk and was slightly night blinded by the muzzle blast. I can see where this may be a problem. Home defense in the wee hours of the night come to mind. I found that if I squinted will I shot, that I was not affected by the night-blinding. Those who carry the 357 for defense should consider this. I carry a GP-100 and am glad to know this little bit.

Regards.

C.R.Sam

We drill occaisionaly in no/low light. I have found that the Cor-Bon defensive ammo seems to have little effect on night vision. The colour has as much to do with the effect as the brilliance. .38spec, .357mag and .45ACP all seem that way.

My carry .357 is 2.5" bbl and no problem keeping a good sight picture.

Sam...my favorite 9mm is the 9X32

Badger Arms

CorBon has been shown to have less muzzle flash than others in the 200gr 45 load that I keep in my gun. I shot on a darkened range once to get a sense of how bad muzzle flash was for me. It takes a while to recover from some loads but others seem to have no flash whatsoever. My opinion, try different loads if the flash bothers you. You can also make the first shot count more.

Jim V

If you practice enough you can learn to pickup your sights in the flash. I used to shoot a pretty good score during our low light qualifications that way. Shooting at anything in NO light is not a good idea.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"