MPro7--as good as "they" say?

DAL

I've heard a lot of good things about MPro7 cleaner, mainly on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk radio show. Has anyone here tried it?
DAL

bountyh

I just got a big bottle of the spray. It works pretty well on powder residue and bore cleaning. I think it's better than typical solvent or thinner.

Jim Watson

I use it.
Cleans well, little smell, nonflammable.
Dries skin but not as bad as petroleum solvents.
Will eat some wood finishes.

doctorj

Yes, It's Pretty Good

Since I discovered it, I use nothing but. It's expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and I use less than other products. I don't mind the smell of the petroleum products, but the fact the MPro7 is odorless helps me to conceal the fact that I'm a gun owner from people who have no right to know.

JBP

Works great on my stainless revolvers. Plus the wife likes the fact that it is odorless. She always gives me grief when I use Hoppes #9.

VictorLouis

Good for the initial cleaning on a fouled gun

Any 'heavy-duty' fouling in the bore will still need some solvent. However, you will be able to use less of it, cutting down on the smell and the mess. Be sure to lube and protect afterward, it removes all oils on the surfaces it touchs. Ballistol is the only non-toxic product I'm aware of that will clean, lube and preserve(though not as well as petro-based products).

DAL

Thanks. I'll have to pick up a small bottle and give it a try. The no-smell angle is a big plus.
DAL

johnbt

I've been using it for a year and like it a lot. Just follow the directions and don't forget to put some lotion on your hands when you finish because it will suck the oil out of your skin.

IIRC, it was a high-tech soap developed to clean airplanes. I figure if it will clean engine, bug and bird exhaust off planes it must be good.

Happy New Year!!!

John
GO HOKIES.

MikeK

Ditto what others have said. No smell, cleans well, a little expensive (buy in 32 oz. to save). I prefer the smell of Hoppes, but I don't like cleaning outside in the winter.

Peter M. Eick

I think it works well for indoor cleaning. I use it routinely inside then a few times a year I clean outside with shooters choice and brake clean.

JNewell

It's an excellent product. I seldom use other cleaners now, but be advised that I've found that in some cases it won't clear powder residue in my pistol barrels, even with a good bronze brush, and it's nearly useless for lead or copper fouling, at least as far as I can tell. Still, it's very useful. As mentioned, a little can go a long way.

Paul B.

I like it. I buy it by the gallon. :D I use it to clean out the powder residue. Then, I go after the copper or lead fouling with whatever solvent is appropriate, should that be necessary.
It is important that you oil the barrel and any other parts of the firearm being cleaned. That stuff will suck the oil right out of the pores of the metal. :eek:
What's even worse, if you have a nice oil finish on your rifle, do not, I repeat do not get any Mpro-7 on that finish. It's almost impossible to restore that finish should you spill some on it. Just ask me how I know. :eek:
But, for general cleaning of powder residue, I think it's great.
Paul B.

Last edited: