Mounting & Zeroing Red Dot

Farmland

I bought a Target Sorts Tactical Red / Green Dot sight for my MP 15/22, Ar style 22 rifle. Now I have mounted many scopes and and has not taken that long to zero them in.

However this sight system has been giving me some problems. The main issue is that I can not get it to correct the windage. I simple run out of adjustment as the set screw comes out of the housing.

I have double checked the mounting of the scope to make sure I was ok with that aspect. I like having it mounted as near to the end of the top rail on the rifle as possible, near the but stock.

After not being able to get good results I moved the system closer to the front of the barrel and it did improve it a little. It was getting dark so I was unable to move it any further.

Are there any tips out on the forum on where to mounts these are how to get the dot to move more?

ZEBRARANGER

I have to agree with Ridge Runner, Target Sports optics is probably one of the lessor quality optics out there and is most likely the problem. I've recently mounted a Vortex Strikefire Red Dot/Green Dot on my Beretta CX4 .40, Its not a high end optic ($150.) but it has some features that are on more expensive optics that make it a good value. One is being able to reset the dot to center of scope screen. I've recently lowered it to allow it to co-witness and its worked out well. It has a lifetime warranty and great customer service. It came with a high mount 30mm scope ring, that wouldnt allow it to co-witness on my CX4 carbine. I sent them an email telling them what I wanted it to do, three days later, one heavy duty lowered 30mm ring arrived in the mail for free.
vortexstrikefire.jpg

DSC07043-1.jpg

Last edited:

jmr40

I bought one of the Centerpoint versions sold at Walmart and put it on a 10-22. Had trouble until I figured out the adjustments were backwards. Had to move the adjustments up to get the point of impact to go down.