Mounting a rifle to the wall

John/az2

I'm looking for ways to mount a rifle I have below a picture on the wall of my home.

Anyone familiar with a way to do this or have plans for mounts (I work in wood)?

Thanks!

------------------
John/az
"When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
www.cphv.com

terridarri

This is one idea, take a board, like a 1 X 10 of your choice and router the edges the way you want them and take the brass banister railing hardware for like the handrail going downsteps and you only have to put two to a board. These are much cheaper than gun hooks and they secure the gun much better and are actually prettier. This makes a very nice display for any rifle, we have several in our home.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

[This message has been edited by terridarri (edited July 01, 2000).]

John/az2

TD,

Does this mount require any drilling into the funiture of the gun itself?

I probably should have said that I want to be able to lift it off, as it is a fully functioning rifle! :D

------------------
John/az
"When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
www.cphv.com

terridarri

No there is no drilling on the gun at all, the gun just lifts off of it. I think if you will go look at the brass railing accessories, you will understand, the rail thing is held on the board with three screws and then the part that holds the gun sticks out about 3-4 inches and this is what holds the gun on. If you have any more ?'s just feel free and I will try to help you out. :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

STP

So the rifle rests on the things that stick out horizontally, right? How does it stay upright, instead of falling over?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. ^_^

Gunslinger

The bannister hooks come out and then angle up approximately 45 degrees. They hold the gun securely wihtout allowing it to roll over.

------------------
Gunslinger