Mount for Savage 110 Short Action

byrdman

I have been thinking about getting on of the Savage 110 short action "tactical rifles" with the bull barrel, but first wanted to know who makes some good scope mounts for them.

Any suggestions?

mbott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by byrdman:
I have been thinking about getting on of the Savage 110 short action "tactical rifles" with the bull barrel, but first wanted to know who makes some good scope mounts for them.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Leupold. Savage 10 RH #52317

--
Mike

Bogie

I'd go with Weaver mounts (same for 10/110s) - You don't gain anything from a one-piece mount, other than the headaches involved in setting it up - It's FAR easier to lap the rings for Weaver mounts, and have 'em work right the first time. I love my Leupold QRW rings...

Chad Young

B-Square also makes mounts for the short-action (10,11,16 and FP) Savage rifles. Now, if Timney or Jewell would make a trigger for them...

Bogie

Sinclair has Timney triggers (1 regular, 1 2 oz benchrest) listed for the Savages. Personally, unless I was gonna shoot it in a BR match, I'd go for the 12 oz Sharpshooters Supply trigger. I've got a Canjar set trigger on my .22-250, and it's okay, but nothing special...