Motel Chain to End its Support of Anti-Hunting Group

Drizzt

Motel Chain to End its Support of Anti-Hunting Group- (10/29)

(Columbus) – A national hotel chain has responded to a flood of calls and letters from sportsmen by discontinuing its partnership with the nation’s largest animal rights group.

According to a recent letter to U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance staff from Accor Economy Lodging, the relationship between it and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) “will come to an end on December 31, 2002 and will not be renewed for 2003.”

In May, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance, a national sportsmen advocacy organization, discovered the relationship between Accor Economy Lodging and HSUS, the country’s largest anti-hunting organization. Accor, whose properties include Motel 6, Red Roof Inns and Studio 6, are affordable motels utilized by many sportsmen while on hunting and fishing trips.

The Alliance encouraged sportsmen to contact Accor to express their displeasure with the partnership and educate the company about HSUS’s real agenda – to end all hunting, trapping and other forms of animal use.

“Accor’s decision to end its partnership with HSUS proves that the sportsmen’s voice carries weight,” said U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Vice President Rick Story. “Hunters, trappers and anglers from across the country made a point to contact Accor to help its administrators better understand where a promotion of the Humane Society of the United States could lead. It will not lead to the salvation of millions of homeless dogs and cats, but it could easily lead to the downfall of outdoor traditions enjoyed by millions of sportsmen.”

Sportsmen and sportswomen can thank Accor Economy Lodging for its decision by contacting George Le Mener, President and CEO, Accor Economy Lodging, P. O. Box 809092, Dallas, TX 75380-9092 or send him an e-mail c/o Kelley Johnson at kjohnson@accorel.com.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers nationally in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the US Sportsmen's Alliance and www.ussportsmen.org

http://www.ussportsmen.org/interactive/features/Read.cfm?ID=937

Giant

Drizzt

Thanks for posting this. I wrote a protest letter to Accor in june, 2002, explaining my position as a sportsman and firearms owner. I stated my future travel would not include a stay at any of their holdings in the U.S..

I'm glad Accor decided their association with the Humane Society of the United States/PETA folks was not in their best interest over the long term.

Giant

Webster - humane 1 : marked by compassion, sympathy, or consideration for others 2 : Humanistic