Most $ you ever put into a handgun after purchase?

Percent of purchase price used to customize?

• Less than 50%

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • 50%-100%

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • 100%-200%

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Over 200%

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters

AndABeer

What was the the most money you aver spent on a handgun for custom touches as a function of the original purchace price?

Example: You paid $500 for a SA 1911A1 and then had $250 done in custom work. This would be 50%.

Edit: I should have perhaps put 0% as a choice but that's just silly. :D

Hemicuda

I bought a Dan Wesson Mod. 15-2HV with an 6" tube...

for $250.00...

Added a scope, mounts, + drilling and tapping - $150.00

Added 4 more barrel/shroud sets for $50,00 Ea. - $200.00

Added a barrel wrench set - $25.00

Added a good hip holster (unscoped) - $50.00

Added a good shoulder holster (scoped) - $100.00

Added a good LARGE hardside case (fitted foam) - $100.00

I have WAY surpassed the cost of the original gun... but DAMN is it a neat setup!

Oops... Forgot the 4 HKS Speedloaders at $10.00 Ea. for - $40.00

Last edited:

Scarborough

Just grips that will fit my hand. Too cheap to spend more. Besides if the gun is'nt what I want when I purchase it I sure won't spend money trying to change it to please me.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I have put several sets of grips on a variety of
handguns over the years; including a beautiful
set of smooth rosewood grip's on a Smith &
Wesson model 28.:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

T.Stahl

Glock 17L: 665EU
Ext. slide stop lever: 18EU
Bubits shoulder-stock: 76EU
four 31/33rd mags: 128EU
three 17/19rd mags: 52EU
Large Glock rangebag: 76EU

Total: 665+350=1015EU

(BTW, cheapest offer for a USP Expert 9mm: 1050EU ;) )

Chipperman

Until now, I have never put a dime into any of my handguns, except for ammo and cleaning.

I broke that rule last week by spending $53 on night sites for one of my P7M13's.

ronin308

Does that include mags? So far I've bought only 7 Wilson 47Ds for my 1911. I want to get about 13 more.

Cee-Zed

I'm not counting holsters or cases. Those are necessities IMHO. There's no point in battering around anything for which you paid your hard-earned $.

I think my max runs around 10%. I usually add replacement grips and a Wolff recoil spring to a handgun. That's about it...

chaim

The only gun I put anything extra into is my Charles Daly 1911. I put on new wood grips (~$30) as I couldn't stand the ugly black plastic it came with. I also bought two Chip McCormick Power Mags (~$40-50 total) as the mags it came with were horrible. I may change out the grip safety but I've been back and forth on that (if I want to regularly use it for PD I should replace it, if not there really isn't a need).

kalibear45

$1500! :eek:

BCP_Kimber.jpg

Last edited:

biere

Due to cost of 15 round 10mm glock mags and some night sites, and aftermarket barrels I have enough in stuff for the handgun to have bought more than 2 more brand new glocks.

I consider one holster to be ok, I am well over that and consider it excessive, but another gun the same size helps me feel I don't have wasted money in holsters.

Never have had any custom work done, springs and what not here and there.

19114EVER

Most I've ever done is a throat job or put night sights on it. I've actually taken parts off. I ripped the extended thumb safety off my Kimber, because I don't like how loose it was or that it sometimes deactivates when I put it in my holster. Plus, I have a safety now when I use my carbine conversion. The CC doesn't count, since my gf bought it for me. I haven't bought ammo in a while either, ;)

I can take the cake for foolish expenditures. I bought a used Ruger Single Six for something like $150. I don't remember now, but there was something wrong with it. I took it to a local smith and he "fixed" it. I shot it for years but the problem continued. I sent it back to Ruger. They "fixed" it for free, but the shipping was $40. Took it out, thumbed back the hammer and the hammer stayed there. Wouldn't fire. I sent it to my regular smith who said the lockwork was all rusted. He fixed it again.
I could have easily bought three new ones for what I have in this one. I have no idea what I was thinking.

WESHOOT2

TWO

Glock M20: $1400, still sold it.

Caspian 1911: still counting, for sale at $4,500, non-negotiable. Nice gun.

It's only money.

lhkas

i took my gk-29and 30 put on some decent sights, smooth triggers had the internals polished and added a 3.5 connector probley spent about $100. on each gun.i don't think theres anything left to do.:D :D :D

About $500 for a Sig P220. $89 for night sights and then $285 for Lasermax. Now, the spare magazines, about three of them, and then the 8 round followers and rubber magazine plates (all factory). Opps, should have voted for higher 100% plus. That comes out to more than what I paid for the gun.