Most stuff ever seen on a handgun!

Greg Bell

Guys,

I recently saw a guy with a Glock 22 that had (at least) : (1) a Glock 18 (scherer?) style extended mag, (2) lasermax, (3) tac light, (4) glock sock, (5) nite sites, and (6) an extended barrel. Come on! I confess to having a set of crimson trace grips and nite sights on my 29, but I usually leave the crimson grips at home (too fat). What is the most silly crap you have ever seen?

GHB

mikey357

Silliest thing I've ever seen? How 'bout a smoking, sputtering, ragged-out YUGO...with a $4000.00 stereo setup!!! Thinking about it, I'm laughing so hard I'll have to come back later....

David Scott

Silliest thing I've ever seen? The Congressional Record. :)

Silliest car? A Mercedes S-class with a jacked up rear end, huge fat drag tires, lake pipes, metallic flames painted on it, and a steering wheel made of chromed chain links.

Silliest gun? Well, I've seen a Ruger 10/22 tricked out with all the black "tactical SpecOps combat assault Navy Seal SWAT SAS Spetznaz covert wannabee" plastic jewelry. Folding carbon-fiber stock, white light, laser, red dot, "banana" magazine, and so on. Ye gods!

Silliest handgun? There was a guy in our CCW class with a scoped 8" Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag. Where's he gonna carry that concealed? Or is he planning on using Thunderwear and impressing the ladies?

artech

You mean like eighteen pound AR-15's? You mean like three thousand dollar 1911's that shoot almost as good as factory revolvers? You mean like ten thousand dollar single barrel trap shotguns? You mean like putting money into an accuracy or reliability job on a gun you haven't even shot yet? You mean like a ten ounce 44 magnum snubbie? You mean like people getting their tactical advice from Mel Gibson or Chow Yun Fat? You mean like people believing that this ammo is certain death, but that this other ammo couldn't even kill an insect(in the same caliber)? You mean like a hype-driven market controlled by gunwriters and their own factory sponsored accessory predjudices? You mean like...ahh, what's the use...:barf:

We have seen the enemy and they is us...

artech

Yup, you know it...Skelton and O'Connor too.

If I had to pick just one, it was an AR I saw recently. this dude had taken this poor, innocent lightweight carbine and loaded it down with more crap...thing must have weighed like eleven or twelve pounds.

Lights, scopes, lazer, extra mag holder, special grips, bipod, flip up iron sights, an extra rail mount to hold all the crap, I bet it cost him in the neighborhood of fifteen hundred to two grand for this abomination. Of course, it's practically useless for anything, because it's set up to try to do everything.

This dude thought it was just gnarly...

Me? :barf:

My AR weighs in at seven pounds, and I don't need any of that junk to hit with it. I got no batteries to change and nothing to mess with(or break). Just aim, breathe, relax, squeeze, surprise break. K.I.S.S., y'know? Jeez, I could have spent that extra grand on ammo...

Different strokes and all, but maaaaaaaan...

[Edited by artech on 12-04-2000 at 09:57 PM]

Kenshi

Hey, that Lorcin absolutely *needs* a laser sight! Think about it: with that laser sight, you might actually blind the guy you're shooting at...as opposed to looking stupid when the Lorcin falls apart. :)

griz

In a gun magazine a writer "built" the ultimate pistol for home defense. He put a laser and a flashlight on it, both activated by individual switches located on the grip below the trigger gaurd. He thought it was great because you could select a sighting system. Looked to me like a great way to shoot something you wanted to identify in the dark while you were under stress.

The other was in a gun mag too, and I still don't know if he was joking or not. He installed a big spike on the base of the magazine so when he ran out of ammo he could use the pistol like a spiked club.

RHC

What? No red dot sight on that first gun?

If we're not limited to guns, then...

I was driving through rural S.C. once and saw a run-down old wood house on concrete blocks. There were big holes under the eaves, the bottom was not sealed, and it was missing one window. But it had beautiful new siding!

Somewhere out there is a master salesman.

James K

Member In Memoriam
They made a lot of pistols and even revolvers in the old days with folding "bayonet" blades. Maybe I could make them for Glockers to attach to the accessory rail, right ahead of the beer cooler and the 25" TV.

Jim

Justin

The most I've ever seen was on an antique firearm that was used by a French gang back in the (I believe) late 1800's. The pistol is called 'The Apache.' Basically, it's a revolver with no barrel (so only effective at <i>really</i> close range!). In addition to that, the handle was a pair of brass knuckles that folded up under the frame for when you put the thing in your pocket.
There was also a knife blade, bayonet type thingy on the front of it.
A very wicked looking little piece of history.