Most reliable type of AK-47

Falcon642

I'm new to the AK-47 world, decided to finally take the plunge. I've heard guys bash Romanian AK's, Hungarian AK's, and really bash Chinese AK's.

So for all those with more experience than me, what variant of AK-47 is the most reliable?

Thanks guys.

Creeper

I live under the troll that lives under the Aurora Bridge in Fremont.

201894062_Y6u3g-M-1.jpg

Seriously... South Seattle.

C

jason41987

chinese made a decent AK.. higher standards than a lot of makers.. unfortunately some of the importers of these rifles get bad reviews for these rifles because those who re-build them here do such a crap job (such as century)... bulgarian, hungarian, AK, russian, romanian, chinese... if its built right it should last you a very long time

ripnbst

Arsenal AK is around $1k and is about as reliable as you can get without having one built by one the custom or semi-custom guys.

Mrgunsngear

Don't believe the hype that WASRs are inherently unreliable/inaccurate. A
properly built
WASR is just as reliable as my Arsenals. Problem is, many were poorly assembled... If you inspect it prior to purchasing and it checks out it'll give you tens of thousands of trouble free rounds. This one has never malfunctioned through a few thousand so far:
DSC01631.jpg

Crow Hunter

In theory, those built and imported in factory configurations should be the most reliable as they are using mil-spec parts (for their country of origin). Which may or may not be better than commercial conversion parts that are US made.

However, that means they will have to be pre-1989 imports and those are quite a bit more expensive than 922(r) modified guns.

Based on what I have read, the Arsenal guns seem to be the most well regarded in the "new gun" realm.

I don't have any personal experience with these.

My experience is only with a Chinese AKS 762 Galil style side folder and a Hungarian Milled reciever select fire rifle with a fixed wooden stock and a Hungarian AMD Century build with a single strut wire folder.

The Century AMD was EXTREMELY LOUD with the muzzle brake and the single strut folding stock was nearly impossible to get a conventional cheek weld to and very painful to the cheek to shoot. It also had a problem with the bolt carrier hanging on the top of the hammer.

If I were going to buy one today, I would get a Arsenal 107 series that has the Bulgarian style folding stock. It is WAY more comfortable to shoot a fixed stock AK and this folding stock is basically a fixed stock that will fold.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SLR-107_SERIES/