most impressive expansion I have ever seen!

Carbon_15

Pictured below is a recovered 155gr Pro-Load 10mm fired from a distance of 10 yards from a Glock 20 into 10% ordnance Gelatin. Impact velocity was 1315fps (596 ft.lbs), it penetrated 17inches, weighed 153.9gr and had a recovered diameter of..get this...1.239 inches!!!
All I could say was wow. I have never seen expansion like this where the bullet actualy held together in one peice. Impressive, to say the least.

Attachments

• mvc-020f.jpg
    mvc-020f.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,462

OF

You've got to love those GD's. Especially the ProLoad cartridges. :)

Good stuff!

- Gabe

Carbon_15

Sure have sam. I fired 10 rounds into bare and 10 rounds into medium clothed (2 layers of denim, 1 layer of t-shirt)..they all looked pretty much the same. The ones I fired into clothed gelatin averaged around 1.189 with penetration numbers about the same as bare.

KP95DAO

Terminal ballistics.

That is unusual. I have done a bit of testing over the years and it has been my experience that those petals should have been folded back along the bullet. Of course one could always bend them back to where they were sticking straight out from the bullet to get a bullet which looks like yours.

Carbon_15

Soon as someone sends me some Glocker...sure would love to give 'em a try.

Not even going to respond to that KP95...except to say this. Sometimes bullets do strange and non-linear things as velocitys increase past the rounds intended velocity threshold. Heck..the ProLoad 180gr 10mm broke up where as the 155 held together..or did I glue the petals back on :p ;) :p

Attachments

• side-view.jpg
    side-view.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 692

Redlg155

I'd like to see someone try the test with a denim jacket first, rack of ribs(pork should do nicely) then the ballistic gelatin. That should simulate the clothing barrier, chest and chest cavity pretty good.

I'd do it myself but I keep eating the ribs.:D

I'd like to see .45 Gold Dots in a test.

Good SHooting
RED

VaughnT

WOW

I've never seen a round expand so perfectly. Gorgeous photo work, too.

I'll have to look into those rounds at the next show. Definitely appreciate your posting pics.