Most Expensive Handguns

KMAX

I am poor, have always been poor, and will always be poor. This is not to say I have to struggle to make ends meet, but must consider costs and expenses. My guns are inexpensive by most gun owners standards and junk by some standards, but I still enjoy them. I do however enjoy browsing the high end of the gun market as well as cars, motorcycles, and houses. My aspirations include Colt and Sig Sauer, not Ed Brown, Les Bauer, or Wilson Combat although I enjoy looking at those. Are there other high end handgun (or rifle makers) that one might want to peruse simply for the beauty and craftsmanship. I would want to view them on the internet rather than a shop. I don't like to waste other people's time looking at something that I will definitely not be buying. I do go to Cabelas occasionally and view their gun room or library, but that is not really wasting anyone's time but my own

JL Wesson

I am not an expert but as far as I know from my part of the world (Italy) and keeping it about handguns, I can mention Pardini (www.pardini.it don't know if they have a English version of their site as I have limited access to the internet right now).
I also fell in love with a new brand: Olmi Armi. They presented a revolver at a recent fair in Italy that I will buy as soon as I can. Their website should be on-line any hour (checked with the owner of the business over the phone: www.olmiarmi.it).
I am also told very good about Para-ordnance (www.para-usa.com) but I am not sure if they are considered "high end" on your side of the pond.

For what it is worth I agree that the important thing is having fun with our guns. May be you can have more fun with better guns than with cheaper ones but I will not bet on that. All the best!

dgludwig

There aren't very many handguns (factory; not a Wyatt Earp or General Custer collectable) that are more expensive than Korth firearms. The Bentleys of pistoldom.

9mmfan

I hear ya. My days of gun buying, ANY gun buying, are over for quite a little while, I would guess. As far as the looking at things, I do enjoy gun shows. Lots of stuff, decent enough way to spend a couple hours of leisure time & cheaper than a movie. Out where I live now, the shows are fewer and more of a drive. Ft. Worth charges for parking now, too. :mad:

I do enjoy the gun library when I am at Cabela's.

KMAX

@9mmfan: Ft. Worth isn't that far from you. Try living in Brownwood. Two gunshows a year (same show) and 80 miles to Abilene (woohoo!). I do like the small town life though.

@Lee n field: P210. Yes, the pictures look sweet. Have never actually seen one "live".

9mmfan

I stand corrected. I go camping a couple times a year on a friend's family ranch outside of the Greater Brownwood/Early Metropolitan Area. You are a bit of a haul out there.

BoogieMan

Pretty much anything custom (not bolt on stuff) but true customs. As far as long guns go. My dream is to find an affordable Holland and Holland double express rifle.

BigD_in_FL

Here ya go Boogie- about as affordable as you will get:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Ho...0-400-2-3-8-Double-Rifle.cfm?gun_id=100331018

100259206-2-L.jpg

BigJimP

Freedom Arms ...single action revolvers are very high on my list as well...they have a good website ....but do a general Bing or Google search on photos of Freedom arms ...and a lot of great photos will pop up...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=freedom+arms+pictures&qpvt=freedom+arms+pictures&FORM=IGRE

Here is a Freedom arms 4 3/4" Octagonal barrel, large frame model 83, 5 shot, I had made about 18 months ago or so in .357 mag...its as fun to shoot / as it is a great piece of craftsmanship !

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82010&d=1339790943
------------
same thing on Sig's ....they have a good website...

check out the Sig 226 X-Five's for some good looking guns...
------------
and gun broker, guns America, your local gunshows, etc....

barnbwt

Not Mine--Oh, how I wish it was...

pix154360067.jpg

The only thing holding me back is that I know how high the bidding will go, and I don't have 6K in the gun fund :(. It hurts deep.

TCB

bac1023

Certainly not my most expensive, but still very pricey and definitely one of my rarest.

Anyone ever see a Delta AR Top Gun?

Its very exotic and very well built with an amazing trigger. Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person. Check out the design in the youtube link. Its was awarded the finest European pistol of 1998. Considering its competition, that's an honor.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a28_1176246726

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdD6NXdEWgw

dgludwig

Me either. Looks to be an interesting and well-made pistol. What does something like this cost, if I might ask? And where would you ever find one(in America)?

bac1023

Its very well made.

As for price, I bought mine for $4100 unfired. They sold new for a little over $3000 USD, I believe, and that was 15 years ago.

As for where to find one, I have no idea. I believe total production was under 200 and I don't think Delta imported tham into this country. A few made it here by means of independant importers. I bought mine from Exclusive Firearms in Naples, FL. They get some rare stuff in for sale at times, but this was the only one of these they ever had.