Most Expensive 357 Ammo.............

WESHOOT2

How come nobody asks for pricey stuff?

------------------------------------------

"all my ammo is pricey factory ammo"

C.R.Sam

He he he.

Maby you should make a point of the high value and high price in some of your product line. Get the Ferrari crowd. Or the Feds, they used to even pay for the research on new loads.

Sam

Blarneystone

How about reloading using the following components: Use Gold Dot bullets, brand new brass (sized, deburred and primed at the factory). Use a different powder for every single cartridge.

Would that be expensive enough for you?

uglygun

For normal FMJ ammo I've seen the CCI Lawman stuff go for insane prices both for 357Magnum and 45ACP. Can't figure out what in the heck makes it so special or why a gunshop had it for 25 bucks a box of 50. Typically this shop is reasonable on ammo prices as well so I really can't figure out why it was stocked.

WESHOOT2

I OWN THAT MARKET (DID YOU EVER NOTICE THAT FERRARI DRIVERS ARE CRAPPY SHOTS?)

Just curious why it's always posted on TFL...............

My most expensive load is in 44/45Colt, includes Swift A-Frame (Gold Dot? Phooey! I spit on your Gold Dot!), Starline (or nickel R-P), and heavy doses of none-of-your-business powder, primed by me.

$44/20, plus shipping.

CastleBravo

I know a Ferrari driver that is an amazing shot with everything from a Walther GSP to a S&W 29. Then again, he loads all his own ammo, too. :D

Ben Shepherd

Hey WS2, I got three guesses on your powder:
296, H110, or 2400.:D

BTW, whats your thoughts on VIHTN110? I've been getting VERY GOOD results with it:
20.0gr under 240gr GDFP, winchester case, federal large pistol primer, heavy roll crimp= 1.5" group at 25yds.iron sights, free standing, double hand hold.

Last edited:

yorec

Let's see, I think I could cast some 148 gr bullets outta 24k gold, but they would weigh in a little heavier than 148 gr, let's say about 2 lbs worth per box. New nickel brass Federal primers and Winchester 231 powder. Anyone care to make a special order? :D

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Probably, the most expensive .357 magnum ammo
would be the old armour piercing round that
Winchester-Western use to produce. And, beside's,
its illegal for civilians to own. Under the ole'
theory, "this round would bust the block in
automobile's".

My next guess would be the "Super Vel" 110
grain JHP, as manufactured by the late Lee
Jurras. His advertised velocities approached
1500 fps.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

WESHOOT2

yorec

Can you cast gold bullets (for real)?

"Cause I've been asked before if I could make some............isn't this a wonderful (but really friggin' weird) world?

Ben Shepherd

WESHOOT2, a local shop goofed on the pricing last week. I picked up 2lbs. for $21.99. That ought to keep me going for a couple months.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Easy.. FACTORY .357 Rem Maximum.

You know, the shop I used to work at (Forsyth Co. Pawn, Cumming, GA) had two boxes of the stuff on the shelf when I was last there in June of last year. Might be worth checking out if anyone has the need. T'weren't priced any differently from regular retail, either, IIRC.