Most accurate pistols

CZ_

Ok, this is very subjective, but I would like to see if any pattern can be deduced. So, what is the most accurate PRODUCTION pistol you've shot or owned in the following cartridges (please leave the fancy custom "race guns" out--I know they are usually the most accurate):

.22 LR

9mm

.40 SW

.45 ACP

If people wish to also include less common cartridges, feel free to.

I'll post my results later on in the thread.

Brian Busch

.22 LR: Browning Buckmark

9mm: SIG P210

.40 SW: Glock 22 (only .40 I've ever shot, probably more accurate ones out there)

.45 ACP: Rock River Arms Standard Match

P99

.22 LR Walther GSP

9mm Walther P88

.40 Walther P99

.45 Colt Gold Cup

10mm Colt Double Eagle

CWL

.22 Ruger competition/target model
9mm H&K P7/M8
.40S&W/.357Sig Sig P229
.45ACP Les Baer

CZ_

Here are my results.

22>>>>>>Ruger Mk II Competition
9>>>>>>>Sig 210
40>>>>>>CZ 75B
45>>>>>>CZ 97B

Most of my centerfire shooting is in 45 and 9mm. I am fairly confident in those choices since I've tried most 9's and .45's out there including most of the the major production 1911's (Kimber, Colt, and Springfield specifically). . As far as the .40 goes, I've only tried a few pistols from Glock, Sig, CZ, and Ruger so I am not as experienced in this cartridge and thus my .40 choice is still up in the air.

My 22 pick is still up in the air as well because the only .22's I've tried are Rugers, S&W's, and Colts. There are not many foreign .22's that are rented or sold around here.

Waxahachie1

.22 Ruger Mark 1
9mm CZ75 B
.40 Glock 22
.45 Glock 30

The CZ is the most accurate of the bunch and fast becoming my favorite pistol.

hksigwalther

.22 LR : Hämmerli 160 Free Pistol (I think they are still making these.)

9mm : SIG P226 when I was "in the groove". Where ever I focused on with both eyes open and barely noticing the sights, the bullet went there. It was a bit scarey, it was like I was possessed.:eek: I couldn't believe I was shooting so well.

.40 SW :barf:

10mm : Springfield Omega (Now now, the Peters Stahl is still being made in Germany.)

.45 ACP : HK Mark 23 SOCOM

Joe Klug

I'll keep this to what I either own or have personal experience with. No need for "I read about......."

.22LR
CZ Kadet kit on CZ75 frame.

I kid you not, this thing is more accurate than the Ruger Mark II with a 10" bull barrel I used to have.

9mm
CZ75B

.40 SW
Don't own one and haven't shot enough to pick a favorite.

.45 ACP
CZ97B Most accurate pistol I own.

Hmmm, I'm starting to notice a trend here.:)

Joe

Duke

Here are my favorites:

1- Ruger Mark II 22 long rifle
2- Glock 23 C 40 S&W
3- Glock 32 357 Sig
4- Wilson Combat CQB 45 ACP
5- Clark Custom Kimber Stainless Classic 45 ACP:)

Oris

CZ-97B in .45. I have no idea why it is so amazingly accurate, but it is. Met with 3 IDPA shooters (2 gents and a lady) at Linden Club a couple of weeks ago...so, they immediately captured my CZ-97B and each of them hit all steel plates w/o single miss. They were missing from time to time with their 1911s..., customized,
of course.

WESHOOT2

22LR = Ruger MII

9x19 = EAA Witness

40 S&W = Glock M22 (no, really!)

45ACP = Kimber Classis (the blue 'cheap' ones)(I have a 45 Witness that is stunningly accurate but slightly unreliable)

This list is from MY experience.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Here goes my list:

.22LR Ruger MK-II KMK-512

9m/m Sig P226

.40cal Glock 27

.45ACP Sig P220 *

* Indicates the most accurate firearm that I have owned;
as tested by me.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Last edited:

bad_dad_brad

Pistols are really not all that accurate after 25 yards. Sure some are better than others. After 25 yards, I hope I have a rifle.

WESHOOT2

bad_dad_brad

Maybe YOUR pistols are inaccurate after 25 yds, but mine don't care about the distance; they are accurate at ALL distances.

Try better ammo?

Wheeee -- ain't this fun?

(After 25 yds I hope I have one of my Redhawks.....)