Most accurate 9mm ammo for target

marlboroman84

I swear by American Eagle ammo. It's about 8.99 for a box of 50 rds and it's pretty dang accurate. I've never had a feed problem or anything with it. I shoot about 2 boxes out of my XD9 sub-compact at least once or twice a month and it'll stay inside the x to inner 9 ring all day at 25 feet. It's 115 grain full metal jacket.

Try some of the stuff Black Hills loads. It's about the best I have run across for 9mm. Apparently Federal does not make a 9mm "Gold Medal" loading, I guess most target shooters w/9s roll their own.

For competition or serious paper-punching stay away from American Eagle and the rest of the cheap stuff. Unless you gun likes it, of course...

My 9mm AR loves Fiocchi 115gr FMJ so try anything you can dig up and pick what your gun likes, I guess...

JohnKSa

Administrator
I've had very good luck with Fiocchi. Blazer Aluminum is also decent though not as accurate in my guns.

marlboroman84

For competition or serious paper-punching stay away from American Eagle and the rest of the cheap stuff. Unless you gun likes it, of course...

I've never had any problems with American Eagle, my XD doesn't care much for Winchester white box though. It'll spit it out, but it doesn't shoot as good as it does with AE. It does really depend on what you need it for though. AE works great for me for 100-150 rds through some silhouettes on a day at the range.

jhenry

There's no way to really answer that question

Folks can certainly tell you what shoots good for them, but they don't have your particular gun. Unless you are a reloader you need to bench a few different brands and weights. Each firearm tends to be a law unto itself regarding what makes the tiniest groups. Good luck.

JoeHatley

I've been very pleased with inexpensive CCI Blazer 115 grain.

952_cci.jpg

25 yards, 6 mags, rapid fire.

Joe

Mark54g

Yes, I second that it depends on your gun. It also depends on what grain your gun was built to fire. My CZ likes 124 grain loads. They say it has something to do with the rate of twist, etc etc.

I do notice that it is more accurate with the Gold Dot 124gr standard pressure loads that I have for defense. Try a bunch out. Geco/Nobel was supposed to make high quality stuff

Axion

Yes, I second that it depends on your gun. It also depends on what grain your gun was built to fire. My CZ likes 124 grain loads. They say it has something to do with the rate of twist, etc etc.
Where do you find info like that?

chris in va

Get a box of every kind you can find. Rest it on sandbags, see what works. Everyone on here can recommend ammo but only YOU and your gun can test that one out.

jaysouth

When I want to show off, I buy the Green box Remington 115 JHPs at Walmart.

At $15 something a hundred, not cheap but more accurate than anything else out of my STI Trojan 9mm.

Most accurate reload in my gun is a 147 gr Hornady XTP over titegroup. ain't cheap either.

Hammerhead

I have had the best results with cheap hollowpoints over cheap FMJ in several pistols including a SA 1911 9mm (gone now).
Winchester USA 147 JHPs ($12/50) shoot like lasers for me.
If that's too rich for your blood, my second choice would be Blazer aluminum ammo. Try 147s if you can find them, otherwise 124s or 115s.
My Sig and my Glock 17L shoot any Winchester 147 grain load very, very well.