Mossberg-Western Field 48A .22 info

sarge83

I ran across and really nice Mossberg-Western Field 48A .22 rifle. The Stock is in good condition, leather sling, bore excellent, peep sight. trigger guard has no cracks, $150 OTD .

Any information on this rifle? Is the price about right?

delloro

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071130190123AABSED6

also see what they sell for on gunbroker using the completed auctions feature.

$150 all in might be on the high side. not a screaming deal, apparently.

but if you just have to have it.....

I just paid $130 delivered for a western field 491 or 497 (I forget). I thought it was worth it. but I also got a good deal on a mossberg scope in a wards mount that will go right on it, $50. so I have $180 in a correct rifle and scope combo in G/VG condition, I should be able to get that back out of it.

delloro

check ebay for the scopes, you can get a deal on them. they show up with wards mounts on them fairly regularly.

verbaljitsu

I just acquired this same model from my father. His father gave him the rifle for his birthday when he was 12. He used it frequently when he was a boy, but it has sat in his closet for 30 years. I took it out, cleaned and oiled it, and took it to the range. It has quickly become my favorite gun. So far I've only shot long rifle cartridges through it, but I am looking forward to trying out the shorts too. I hope you have as much fun with it as I do.