Mossberg Patriot

jrhilde

Just looking around through Bud's guns and happened to go far enough into the Mossbergs to discover the Patriot--- I was a little surprised, nice looking walnut stock with cheek piece, decent wood, good checkering , matt blue on the metal, knurled bolt body and a lightly fluted barrel---
looked like a pretty decent gun for the price, can any of you give me a little info on these as far as accuracy and dependability------ John

jrhilde

Couple things I'm not crazy about, the fluted barrel, but at least the fluting is very subdued--looks like a pretty handsome gun to me-- does his gun seem to be at least average accurate, say at least 1.5 at 1oo? John

Saltydog235

I bought my son a bantam in .243. I sighted it in for him and with the 70grn hand loads I'm feeding it, it is surprisingly accurate. He just has to learn to shoot it.

joe sixgun

Out of the box shooting off the split rail fence it holds close to 1.5. He has only tried one ammo load though. I expect it will close up well with some different ammo testing. His has the camo synthetic stock and is stipled not checkered. I plan to pick one up if I can find the right deal. I think he got his at about $200 bucks on clearance at the local Wally world.

Orion6

Nice rifles. Most reviews (only seen 1 negative on YouTube from a guy that must have thought he was getting a custom grade AAA rifle for $350) are very positive.

I have a Walnut .30-06. The walnut is very nice and the stippling is not as extreme as people act like. It's a nice rifle, and there's nothing that can touch it right now for what they are selling them for.

MGMorden

I've not tried one yet, but I do like that they're available in a few things other than the really common cartridges. I've had an itch for a big-bore lately but most of the guns are just too expensive. The Mossberg is available at a decent price in .375 Ruger though, which I may try out.

Orion6

My only complaint about them - they only come in a 22" barrel size for all calibers (not counting the youth models which are 20")

The magnum calibers need a 24" tube at least, and I'd be even happier with a 26" tube. A 300 Win Mag in a 26" setup would be my next purchase if they made one. That said I'll just get an AB3 in that caliber.

But again, the Patriot is a great bargain and very nice.