Mossberg MVP -Not bad

9x19

Thanks to the USPS (for nearly 4 weeks, they lost the letter containing my PMO), it took over a month to get this... great trigger, sloppy bolt travel, but a good shooter (surprise!). It's a 1/9 twist barrel and the Hornady 55 grain Soft Points did well.

If Ruger had offered their Predator with a shorter barrel in .223, I might not have bought the Mossberg, although I do like that it uses the AR mags.

Mossberg MVP Patrol - 5.56 - I removed the Williams sights, added the Vortex Diamondback scope, a Levang linear comp and a 10 rd Magpul mag (it will take the 20sand 30s as well of course).

MossbergMVPvdb_zps004d01f9.jpg

10-96

Those are neat rifles- I don't have any plans on getting rid of mine any time soon. I was pleasantly suprised at the stock, the way it fit me, the pistol grip, palm swell. I think they did good on this one.

I had just a bit of misgivings about it when I tried to compare it to my CZ 527's- but after I realized the Mossberg would be crazy expensive if they put the refinement into it as CZ does into theirs.

Congratulations on yours!

Jim243

Here, here congratulations as well, you will have fun shooting it. Funny I put the same muzzle brake on mine, or did you just borrow it? (LOL)

Jim

MarkCO

Like mine as well. Just wish that the muzzle was .740 so that the QD suppressor mounts would work without modification.

bamaranger

siren call

The MVP has been wooing me since they first came out. I read they shoot like a house-a-fire.

For me, the jury is still out on the floppy bolt flange.

, Mr. 9x19, the short box and the LeVang seem a nice set up.

9x19

The bolt doesn't bind when cycling, and I really don't notice the sloppiness except at the full open position... One of these days my son and I are going to round up a few rifles and hit a range with greater distance than I have at home... :D

I also have a short (1" OAL) brake coming from Brownells I want to try.

tahunua001

great trigger, sloppy bolt travel, but a good shooter
this has been my experience with fondling and dryfiring. there is no word but sloppy to describe the bolt, trigger seemed fine and the fact that it takes AR mags is the main thing that always brings me back to looking at this rifle.

Good looking rifle. May have to look into getting one, after I try yours of course... Do they make them in any other calibers? Maybe one that takes ar10 mags?