Mossberg 590SP Barrel

Radamanthus

I was just wondering if anyone has a Mossberg 590SP (not 590A1) that they could measure for me. I want the inside and outside diameter of the muzzle. Before I buy one, I want to know if it would be possible to have Mike Orlen thread it for choke tubes, and there are limits based on barrel thickness. Note that I am not trying to buy a 590A1; I don't want the heavy barreled one if I can avoid it. However, if you have one on hand, the info might help somehow. The numbers need to be fairly precise, so if you have microcalipers, it might help. Thanks.

Radamanthus

Really? No one has both a mossberg shotgun and a set of calipers? Half the people on this forum say they reload, and I would think someone in the shotgun forum would have a 590. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just surprised that no one could answer me.

timothy75

Sorry, cant answer your question but I've shot both the SP and the 18.5'' A1 and found the A1 to be much more manuverable in close range combat drills. The weight is about the same loaded due to the shorter magazine and less capacity. I mention this in case you though speed would be an issue. Good luck