Mossberg 535 Pump Dropping Shells

chasep255

I have a Mossberg 535 ATS Field shotgun with a 3 1/2'' 12GA chamber. When I was shooting doubles in skeet today I missed the second target half the time. Not because I was missing the clay but because my second shot was falling out of the tube before I could cycle the action. It seems that the recoil of the first shot causes the second shell to come out of the tube. I think it may be a problem with the shell stop but I really don't know. Any ideas?

chasep255

Also I forgot to mention that this problem does not occur every time I load more than 1. Today it dropped the shell half the time. I think it depends on which brand of ammo I am using.

Mosinnagant

I would replace the the shell stop and if that dose not help take it to a smith. I would not thing it was ammo if it only happened half of the time.

John L. Smith

535 Problem

Are you having an problem loading the magazine? On mine when you are loading, the first shell goes in fine but the 2nd & 3rd shell want to hang up, have to try 2 or 3 times to get them in. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks