Mossberg 500SP On The Way

OlympicArmsFan

Well after talking this subject to death with myself, you guys and on many other boards I placed the order today.

The 590SP I was looking at had only the one advantage that 590A1 offers and that is a bayo lug. Thats something I dont need or want on a HD/SD or SHTF gun.

I kept asking questions after questions to get more info and you guys where and are a big help.

I went with the 500SP Persuader. This is the 20" barrel with a 3" chamber and a blued finish.

This same gun retails in my local shops for $394.95-$415.95 and I will have it for $329.88 out the door. This includes my FFL charge as well.

I like the options I have with the 500 over the 590SP or 590A1. I have been told many times that the barrels and tubes and differnt things are not out there if they are they are high.

I know if I ever want to add the thicker barrel and bayo lug I can later on with the 500. I can even take the trigger from a 590A1 and put it on my 500SP Persuader.

I just felt why pay more for something that Im not taking into battle and to say I have a cool bayo lug on it.

I also went with the Mossberg due to warranty. They offer a 10 year warranty on it where Mavericks have a 1 year.

I feel good on this buy and Im excited to get this one in and go shoot and see how it feels.

This has been a learning experince and you guys have helped me in making a well informed decision.

Thanks everyone.

PS Pics and a range report to follow (Pics first Range Report around Christmas)

OlympicArmsFan

The one that came with the stock and the pistol grip together as a kit was I think ten bucks more.

I even went back and fourth on that with would I use it is it worth the extra ten bucks and if I didnt like it could I Sell it and make some off it lol.

I thought for ten extra bucks I would just use it on ammo. I just went with the rifle stock and its simple and I like simple.

I cant wait to get it in and see how it all feels and how it looks as this is the first time I have delt with Buds and Mossberg.

Im excited :D

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I like the options I have with the 500 over the 590SP or 590A1. I have been told many times that the barrels and tubes and differnt things are not out there if they are they are high.
Well unfortunately... It is any of the 7+1 guns. For you to enjoy a good variety of barrels, you will need to buy a 5+1 mag tube and spring as well as barrel.
Brent