Mossberg 500 Cantilever Questions

pabuckslayer08

I have a 500C gun w/ interchangable barrels from smooth bore to rifled slug barrel. All this gun is used for is slug hunting and the slug barrel has a cantilever on it which I dont like for all time slug hunting but is nice to change it out but I will never want to. So my question is, I have heard of people taking the barrel off and taping the underside of the cantilever and placing 2 little plastic screws in it to keep the cantilever from moving up and down. (At the time being it moves up and down very easily w/ little force) Will this affect the accuracy of the gun. I know the cantilever is way more accurate because the scope isnt on the receiver and its on the barrel and is basically the same effect of pinning the barrel. Anyone have any experiance with doing this

pabuckslayer08

Thanks, so I know it is done now anyway. I love the way my gun shoots at sub 3" groups at 100 with the fed. barnes expanders shells but I just sit and worry about the cantilever getting knocked off. Now I will have to try the idea out as im putting a scope onto the gun over the holidays anyway.