Mosin Nagants Carbines

egor20

Thanks seansean 1444

I have to quote you....
"but ya never know"

I've never heard of a Cavalry version, but I had to ask. :D

I Ride with an old Tula SKS, but if they issued a Cavalry M/44 one I'd love to own one.

Jimro

The Mosin Nagant in different configurations was used by many Cavalry units but those that are identifiable as such usually cost a premium. The m38 would have been issued to cav so it does count.

Jimro

egor20

Jimro

Thank you very much telling me about the the M/38, I will look into them.

And thank you, chris in va

Thank's for your knowledge, I always know if I ask on this forum, someone knows

Bamashooter

Not sure about the cavalry designation but I have a Hungarian M-44 thats easily recognizable becouse of the permanently attached folding bayonet. I also have a 91/59 carbine that is almost identical to the M-38 except for the scrubbed rifle sights instead of carbine sights.

egor20

seansean1444, Jimro, chris in va.
Thank you very much all of of you for. telling me about them.
thanks for the information.

It's not a big thing?I was just curious.

egor20

Bamashooter

Not sure about the cavalry designation but I have a Hungarian M-44 thats easily recognizable becouse of the permanently attached folding bayonet. I also have a 91/59 carbine that is almost identical to the M-38 except for the scrubbed rifle sights instead of carbine sights.

The Reason I asked, is....A carbine Cavalry wouldn't have a bayonet. Thank for letting me know about the M/44 :eek:

egor20

Thank you very much everyone.

I think I will be looking for a the Mosin Nagant M91/38 Carbine, not sure I like the bolt.

But I think I'll keep my Tula SKS as a saddle gun.

Thank you all for the information you gave given me about other Mosin's.

FrankenMauser

I think I will be looking for a the Mosin Nagant M91/38 Carbine, not sure I like the bolt.

No. No. No.
The 91/38 is a cut-down rifle.

Look for an actual M38 Carbine. ...which was designed to be a carbine.
The better M38s are pre-war (1939/1940), or post-war (1946 - fairly rare). Oddly, there are more M38s available without import marks, than the more common M44. If you would prefer a rifle without import marks, take your time looking around. Through a ridiculous stroke of luck, I stumbled upon a post-war (1946) M38 with no import marks, priced as if it was a beat up M44. ...A golden egg fell into my lap. ;)

If you want a little better quality and accuracy (at a slightly higher price), look for a Finnish M39.

OsOk-308

I have an M38 that is just great. Built in 1943. I bastardized it by putting a monte carlo stock on it. I'm now looking for another one.

egor20

Thank you FrankenMauser for instructing me on the difference, you can tell I'm new to Russian Bolt action guns :D

And also thank you tater134 for a most informative link, it helped with a lot of my questions.

Have a nice day everyone :)