Mosin Nagant BL (update 2015)

Duzell

so my fellow shooters, those who remember my build, and those who dont its a mosin nagant 91/30

The barska scope finally Died in my last shoot-a-thon as a few know (this was a bummer but not a shock)

:rolleyes: lasted a while and barska did warranty it

So after installing Riflemods extension there was zero jams or issues.

in a simulated jam it was quick to fix, im rather happy with this attachment and that it dosnt permanently alter the rifle, i know a few of us are in that area of , want to play but not permanent mod

so replacing the barska with a new vortex:

Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56mm AO Hog Hunter Riflescope w/ V-Brite Reticle CF2-31049

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...og-hunter-riflescope-with-v-brite-moa-reticle

less magnification(6-24 on barska) to half (3-12), but liked the large 56mm opening for image quality/light, and its a 30mm tube so easy replacement, i have warner no move rings 30mm.

vortex support assures me it can take 30-06 and should be able to take the 7.62x54r

so lets see how it handles the Mosin Nagant ?

(currently with the riflemod system on it)
1385664_814144698664971_7863981060432604901_n.jpg

Mosin-Marauder

A 3-12 would suit the 7.62mm Cartridge perfectly, the Russians use a 10x if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, looks nice, I've never been a fan of thumb hole stocks but this one looks very nice!

BTW, you wouldn't consider selling that Barska would you? Just asking :D

Mosin-Marauder

The Russian Federation use a 10x POSP Range finding scope on their Dragunov type DMR's in 7.62x54R. Obviously not on the 3 Line Rifle :)

Duzell

@Mosin-Marauder your correct on the scope, and i would sell, if it wasnt busted, :p id never sell a bad scope to a fellow member.
(im using it as a range finder scope now xD)
and thanks, the thumbhole has been a hit or miss with many
@¤_Ozark_¤_Hunter_¤

thank you Black lighting was a big project build, in trying to make a accurate mosin without permanent modifications it succeeded, and then i made a second part to add in long range modifications for stable fire and accuracy.

the scope mount is garanteed out to 800 yards and RSI was very forthcoming with products to play with

its mainly rock solid industries and boyds stock that make it an effective shooter now. it has an awesome bore also.
heres a video for a better look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWpstI0_02U

Last edited:

tobnpr

It's been a year since I saw the Riflemods mag extension but it hadn't been brought to market yet... then it disappeared.

A google search turns up nothing recent. Do you have a link for the website/purchasing info.?

Duzell

the youtube seems to have gone dark?

but the info I have is
riflemods
Bryan Cathy
EMAIL:info@riflemods.com

and he was very friendly, he only made a small batch to my knowledge when i spoke with him. not sure on how it progressed or not ... i got one and its been great

only thing i find as con is it can rust if you leave oil from hands on it, started to oxidize, just quick fiber cloth to clean it off.. probably have it cerakote black to match the standard black color

also new scope arrived and was installed

also came with a free sunshade ..unexpected but makes the scope look..huge

11225213_918298154916291_7112808227829199882_n.jpg