More voting corruption: some dual residents vote twice

tyme

Administrator
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/224449p-192807c.html
It seems Bush really did deserve to win Florida.
Some 46,000 New Yorkers are registered to vote in both the city and Florida, a shocking finding that exposes both states to potential abuses that could alter the outcome of elections, a Daily News investigation shows.

Registering in two places is illegal in both states, but the massive snowbird scandal goes undetected because election officials don't check rolls across state lines.

The finding is even more stunning given the pivotal role Florida played in the 2000 presidential election, when a margin there of 537 votes tipped a victory to George W. Bush.

Computer records analyzed by The News don't allow for an exact count of how many people vote in both places, because millions of names are regularly purged between elections.

But The News found that between 400 and 1,000 registered voters have voted twice in at least one election, a federal offense punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

One was Norman Siegel, 84, who is registered as a Republican in both Pinellas Park, Fla., and Briarwood, Queens. Siegel has voted twice in seven elections, including the last four presidential races, records show.

Officials in both states acknowledge that voting in multiple states is something of a perfect crime, one officials don't have the means to catch.

"I can't imagine how the supervisors would have access to that information," said Jenny Nash, spokeswoman for the Florida secretary of state. "As far as I know, cross-state registry has not been discussed."

The News' investigation also found:

- Of the 46,000 registered in both states, 68% are Democrats, 12% are Republicans and 16% didn't claim a party.

Eliminating the potential to vote in multiple states would require creating a national voter registration system with federally assigned voter ID numbers, said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University in Washington and a voting rights expert.
It's obvious that a federal database or linked state databases would reduce this kind of voting fraud, but another nationally unique ID number? That's just what we need. :rolleyes:

Jamie Young

Pray to God that Pennsylvania doesn't go threw what Florida did. Philadelphia voting fraud is capable of winning a State election.

Last edited:

FirstFreedom

Man, couldn't the state of PA just give a large gift to NJ - that being the city of Philly? That would be outstanding. Hey voting officials - it's high time you START coordinating with other states to check roll records. Doesn't seem like rocket surgery.

Raccoon

Disenfranchisement, New York Style!

Well, I live in Florida and I recall that the Democrats were so concerned about avoiding even the appearance of impropriety that they wanted to bring in foriegn election observers. Isn't it interesting that an overwhelmingly Democratic voting block (transplanted New Yorkers) is the first to start commiting fraud this year.
Come to think of it...many or maybe even most of those people who goofed on using the Butterfly Ballot were probobly two-timing New Yorkers. I guess in New York you're getting disenfranchised if you're only allowed one vote!

ez45

I hate to be cynical, but they can't keep the dead people from registering and voting in certain precincts.

Bill :eek:

Dead

It doesnt surprise me that 68% of the dual registered votes are democraps. They dont think the "laws" apply to them, just to others.

Fred Hansen

Think they'll ever bother to find out how many different times these folks vote in the same election? In Bahstun they consider Demorats traitors if they only vote once per cycle. Can Nuevo Jork be far behind?

FirstFreedom

I guess in New York you're getting disenfranchised if you're only allowed one vote!

Bwaaahaha! Those dimpled and hanging chads will be a memory for some time to come, won't they. I hope that Shrub wins the election, but I REALLY hope that even if he loses, he wins FLA authoritatively, just to shut up the blissninny cakeholes like Alec "Go to their houses and kill their children" Baldwin, and George "I gleefully mock the disability of Alzheimer patients" Clooney, and the other hollyweirdos who are so convinced that Algore won FLA. Even more than that, I hope Algore's older brother, I mean Kerry, loses NC, the home state of his VP candidate, just like the internet inventor lost TN. :) The more I think about it, the more I think Kerry must lose, because at least Algore paid some lip service to his anti-gun-freedom constituencies, which lost him the election. All Kerry does on the stump is talk about how he's a hunter and 2A supporter, which is a complete, out and out fraud/lie, to try to get PA, OH, MI, FLA, and a few other populous swing states like MO, IN, WI, IA, VA, etc. I'll predict right now that if Shrub wins PA and FLA, he wins, period, but that if he loses either of those two, AND and loses either MI or OH, he loses.